PDA

View Full Version : think I have LARYNGITIS & I'm PREGNANT

TraciG
08-02-2007, 07:41 AM
Do I go to the doctor ? So unhappy, I rarely get sick, I woke up yesterday with a post nasal drip & thought it was allergies but as the day went on so did my voice. This morning I can't stand to talk, it is VERY hard not talking & having a child !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am thinking to call my gyno first , they may say I can't take anything so there is no point to go to an internist, what do you think ?

TraciG
08-02-2007, 07:41 AM
Do I go to the doctor ? So unhappy, I rarely get sick, I woke up yesterday with a post nasal drip & thought it was allergies but as the day went on so did my voice. This morning I can't stand to talk, it is VERY hard not talking & having a child !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am thinking to call my gyno first , they may say I can't take anything so there is no point to go to an internist, what do you think ?

SnuggleBuggles
08-02-2007, 07:51 AM
I'm coming down with it too. All 3 of us in the house have something funky going on. Ds and I were losing our voices yesterday and it feels worse now. Haven't tried to talk yet.

Isn't laryngitis an inflamation? So maybe something like Tylenol could help? I'm just going to ride it out today but I may ask my midwives since I'll be there anyway. If I find out anything interesting I'll let you know!

Feel better!

Beth

SnuggleBuggles
08-02-2007, 07:51 AM
I'm coming down with it too. All 3 of us in the house have something funky going on. Ds and I were losing our voices yesterday and it feels worse now. Haven't tried to talk yet.

Isn't laryngitis an inflamation? So maybe something like Tylenol could help? I'm just going to ride it out today but I may ask my midwives since I'll be there anyway. If I find out anything interesting I'll let you know!

Feel better!

Beth

TraciG
08-02-2007, 08:49 AM
Thanks Beth, feel better too !

TraciG
08-02-2007, 08:49 AM
Thanks Beth, feel better too !

mommabear
08-02-2007, 03:30 PM
I would call your Dr asap. I got it had had to go through 2 rounds of antibiotics so I would try to catch it asap.

sethsmom
08-03-2007, 01:03 PM
Same thing happened when I was PG. I waited and on the third day of NO voice, I went in to my GP.

I couldn't even whisper, so I wrote down my symptoms, when things started, etc. and gave that to the doc, along with the name and number of by OB/GYN. He filled out a prescription that was safe and I was better in no time.

I'm sure they see it all the time. Any drugs I would usually take to prevent the post-nasal drip from irritating my throat is off limits (Sudafed, nasal spray, etc.) so any little cold can quickly lead to worse.

TraciG
08-03-2007, 01:23 PM
thanks for responding !

Today my voice is much better but not 100 % so for now I'm not going to the doc unless it get's bad again .

deborah_r
08-03-2007, 04:42 PM
I'm having the same thing. It started with a sore throat about a week ago. I went to the dr. and was told it was an upper respiratory infection. Told me to take Motrin and this prescription cough medicine with codeine. I've only taken the motrin. It's getting a little better now.

I was trying to order at a drive-thru yesterday; I forgot my voice was essentially gone, I had to repeat everything 3 times and use all my vocal strength to get what I wanted!