PDA

View Full Version : X-Post: Where to buy inexpensive leather couch?

jyllebean
08-02-2007, 09:06 PM
We just moved and want to buy a new leather couch. We are looking to spend around $800... if that's possible. Any ideas on where to buy one? We have on our list Macy's and JCPenney. We live in Connecticut.
Thanks for your help!

Jill

Bean606
08-03-2007, 09:06 AM
If you are a member of Costco, check out costco.com. Also, overstock.com and smartbargains.com sometimes has leather furniture, but it is hit or miss. If you have a Macy's, Fortunoff, or Bloomingdales furniture clearance center near you, they might have something that will work. Good luck!

fauve01
08-03-2007, 09:42 AM
DH's best friend got one at Ikea (and it is a sleeper). i don't remember how much it was, but i'm guessing it would be cheaper than in a "regular" furniture store.

btw, dh said it is the most comfortable sleeper he's ever slept on!

anne

Mommy Of A Little Angel
08-03-2007, 10:45 AM
If you just need a sofa, you might be able to find a good deal at a furniture store. We got ours for $400 because it was a mix and match piece that they had leftover. You should be able to ask if they have pieces left over from sets or something - never hurts to ask!

egan284
08-04-2007, 01:55 AM
IKEA comes to mind. I've seen their leather couch and they are quite nicely made.

fauve01
08-04-2007, 10:05 AM
here is a link to the leather couches IKEA has:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/rooms/living_room/10691/

hth!
anne

dhano923
08-05-2007, 12:28 AM
We have a leather sofa and loveseat from Ikea. Together they cost about $1100. I doubt you'd be able to fins a leather sofa for $800 at a department store like Macy's, unless you get the kind with leather on the cushion area and pleather on the rest of the sofa. Ouyr Ikea ones are 100% leather, but we saw some at some furniture stores that advertised "leather everywhere your body touches", meaning butt, back and arms. The bottom portions towards the floor and the backs were pleather.

bunnisa
08-05-2007, 11:50 AM
Craigslist!

We got a like-new couch and loveseat for for $1200 - it's a top-of-the-line brand, 8-way hand tied.

Just the loveseat alone would have cost nearly 3 times that.

...blessed wife and mama to two & one due this summer!

"We must remember that life begins at home and we must also remember that the future of humanity passes through the family"
-Mother Teresa

kijip
08-05-2007, 06:52 PM
Costco has some leather couches for around that much in store from time to time.

****Rocking out while parenting my smart little munchkin Toby. Just trying to do good in the world, a little at a time. Words to live by: it is *never* the wrong time to do the right thing :)

emilys_mom
08-05-2007, 10:29 PM
We just picked up one from Macy's for around $900 on sale a couple of months ago. If you open a new charge account, they let you use your 10% off for it. It's actually a lot more comfy than a lot of the more expensive ones we checked out.

hellokitty
08-06-2007, 08:34 AM
Sam's club also has a leather sofa on clearance right now. I saw it last week. Also, if you can find a sofa express outlet, they have really good prices and a great selection. That is where we got our last sofa set.