PDA

View Full Version : OT: What do you do with old towels??

Emmas Mom
08-04-2007, 12:11 PM
We've recently moved & I realize we've accumulated about half a dozen random bath size towels. The girls each have their own set, DH & I have a couple sets but these are old ones from past color schemes & several that I really couldn't tell you where they came from. Other than cutting them up for cleaning purposes (cause we already have cleaning cloths), does anyone have any ideas on WHAT to do with them? I feel kind of funny just throwing them out when they are still good towels (for the most part) but I don't want to keep them & they just take up space...which we are limited on. Any ideas?

elephantmeg
08-04-2007, 12:13 PM
we use them to bathe the dog and to position car seats. We have a couple rolled up to make a good install rear facing. Otherwise I would donate them to an SPCA. They're always looking for them, or freecycle them. You could also donate them to the salvation army etc.

lisams
08-04-2007, 12:16 PM
We keep a small stack in the garage for various things (especially drying after car washing) the rest we donate to a homeless shelter since they are all in good condition. I usually buy new towels about once a year, I just like the thickness of new towels. Another place that is ALWAYS in need of towels are animal shelters/humane society. Especially light colored ones that can be bleached. They go through tons of towels.

mariza
08-04-2007, 04:39 PM
I agree with PP, animal shelters are always in need.

Mariza
Mommy to my "Thing 1" DD 1/05
and "Thing 2" DS 9/06

moncheechee
08-04-2007, 06:06 PM
Animal shelters always need towels for the pups and kitties to lay on as beds. My first grade class collected a bunch to give and they were so appreciative. That would be the best thing to do.

Marisa6826
08-04-2007, 08:35 PM
You can donate them to either an animal or homeless shelter. Vet offices will also take them.

I tend to hang onto them to use for wet dogs, or on the floor when it's wet/slushy/icy outside. They're also great for padding when packing up china/silver.

-m

Emmas Mom
08-04-2007, 10:02 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, I never considered animal shelters. I think I'll see where the closest one is, that's a great idea. For some reason I feel more comfortable giving them for animal use than people use.