PDA

View Full Version : What Happened to my nice little girl?

coachkath
08-04-2007, 01:18 PM
It's been forever since I've been on these boards, but I'm at my wits-end today. DD is 19 months and in the last 2 months has been sick 3x. She had a high fever (first time really) about 3 weeks ago, and it came back a few days ago. She has been un-bear-able this week (the summer heat here isn't helping). I feel bad for her, she can't tell me what's wrong, she's hardly eating and screams non-stop all morning and is waking during the night, something she never does. Her fever is gone now, but she feels/acts fine for a while, then the tiniest thing will send her into a screaming, whining tailspin. She has most of her teeth, so maybe it's molars coming in? She got a vaccination about a week and a half ago - but I don't think that's it. I think we coddled her during her first fever, and now with the second fever she's sick AND demanding (ex: pulling us into the kitchen over and over, pointing to everything she "wants" but accepting nothing. I have learned how to say no on that after the 50th time).
She's sleeping now...2nd nap for the day, whew. Maybe that's a good sign that she's "sleeping it off"?
Is my DD just sick, or is she turning into a little demanding maniac as well. What to do?
Kelly's Mama Kathy

gatorsmom
08-04-2007, 04:42 PM
That's just about the age mine started their terrible twos. That could be part of it.

But it sounds like you are surprised that she took a second nap. And if she is pulling you in the kitchen a lot then maybe she is trying to find something to make her feel better and just can't find it. I'd talk to her doctor to rule out infections and then just chalk it up to terrible twos. Oh, I'd also give her some Tylenol to see if she calms down/acts more normally. That might tell you something.

Lisa
Mom to Gator July 2003
And Cha-Cha July 2005
and surprise! twins due 11/07!