PDA

View Full Version : OT: Anyone have a beach umbrella that they love?

chrissyhowie
08-05-2007, 08:39 PM
After baking on the beach yesterday, we are now in the market for a lightweight beach umbrella. In doing a quick google search on it, there seems to be quite a price range for them. While I'd imagine they can all do the trick, it would be worth it to me to pay a little more for one if it had some neat feature or was more durable. Can anyone recommend a particular one or brand? Thanks so much for any help!

overcome
08-06-2007, 08:21 AM
I can't recommend a particular brand, but coming from a person who spends every moment on the beach under an umbrella, I would DEF. recommend a sand grabber. It helps keep whichever umbrella you end up with in the sand, especially on windy days
http://www.shadeusa.com/sand_grabber.htm

I think the sturdier the umbrella, the better off you will be. Also, compare the diameters. I'm sure now they make them with SPF built in.

My parents looked into purchasing a canvas one with wooden pole but they were hundreds. Plus I think they would be quite heavy to lug to the beach.

Good luck!

chrissyhowie
08-07-2007, 12:56 AM
Thanks so much for the suggestions. I'm definitely going to get one of those sand grabber things. Seems like it will make up for some of the shortcomings of some of the more lightweight umbrellas out there. Good point on the diameters too -- it was something I was overlooking that would make a big difference in its usefulness.

Thank you :)!