PDA

View Full Version : Digital Scrapbooking?

JoyNChrist
08-07-2007, 12:16 AM
Before DH and DS, I was pretty involved in scrapbooking (my aunt was a Creative Memories consultant, and she hosted weekly scrapping parties). But I think I have to face the fact that Avery will be in college before I manage to get all his baby pics in those elaborate albums. So I was thinking of digital scrapbooking, but I don't know anybody IRL who does it. Where do I start? What do I need? Any great resources?

TIA!

LD92599
08-07-2007, 06:11 AM
I do my version of digital scrapping - photo books from online sites (i use iPhoto and print via MyPublisher.com). However for DS's 1st Birthday I did pages myself in Photoshop Elements and then printed 8x10's.

Costco now prints 12x12 digital pages though so for our upcoming Disney trip i might attempt that again, but w/ the online books I can work on it here and there and not need supplies, etc except for my laptop!

I do wish iPhoto would update w/ some new templates though, i'm getting bored w/ their current offerings. I've played w/ Shutterfly but didn't like how they laid the pics out - nothing was in order whereas iPhoto everything is in date order which helps when doing a book, IMO.

Laura
Mom to Will

http://b4.lilypie.com/BhyBm5.png