PDA

View Full Version : Advantages to using a travel agent?

hillview
08-07-2007, 08:19 AM
We are planning a trip to Disney and I rang up a travel agent who had been recommended. Turns out that she is getting the same prices as I am. What are the advantages of using a travel agent??
TIA!
/hillary

LD92599
08-07-2007, 08:36 AM
We just did the same thing - priced it ourselves and w/ AAA and another agent. We went w/ the agent - hoping we'll get some perks on the cruise part maybe!?! A gift in our stateroom?!?

Laura
Mom to Will

http://b4.lilypie.com/BhyBm5.png

michellep
08-07-2007, 10:08 AM
Would the agent be available to you in case of an emergency? With the nightmare of air flight lately I've been leaning towards using travel agents again just to have someone to call in case of cancellations and serious delays. Trying to find alternative flights and hotel rooms because of a thunderstorm or something is crazy stressful, especially with kids involved. The airlines are no help whatsoever and it would feel almost like travel insurance to know I could call my agent if something went wrong.

-M

Momof3Labs
08-07-2007, 11:35 AM
Most agents won't book flights these days since they no longer get commission from the airlines on them. So I'm not sure how much you can expect from them if there is a flight delay - definitely ask first!