PDA

View Full Version : Pirate Goodie Bags for Boys?

kransden
08-07-2007, 11:38 PM
My dd is having a rather large class birthday party, hopefully in a park. It will be up to 24 kids. I found .85 plush Disney mermaids, Ariel's sisters, at the Disney Outlet Store. I also have large sand pails as the goodie bags on clearance at Wal-Mart! So we are having a Mermaid and Pirate party. Kind of a Seven Seas sort of theme. The dolls are pretty nice, so I would like to get the boys something sort of nice too, but not too pricy. Any suggestions? I was thinking maybe spy glasses? Any suggestions please....:)??

Karin and Katie 10/24/02

SASM
08-08-2007, 02:24 AM
Do you have a Factory Card and Party Outlet store near you? http://www.factorycard.com/vr4-web-site/storeLocatorSearch.jsp.vr I bought some cute little eye patches there for DS's party for about $.80/each.

FC&P Outlet also had black and white pirate tattoos reasonably priced. :) You might be able to find some mermaid ones there as well.

You might even be able to find felt pirate hats there reasonably priced ~ I bought mine at Target back when they had their pirate themed toys in the Dollar Spot back in the Winter.

In the bulk candy section of your local grocery store, you might be able to find gold foil chocolate coins. They are about $2/lb at my store (Wegmans) but I am pretty certain that I've seen them at several other places. They are really cute! :) Not sure how they'll hold up outside, though, with the summer heat.

Check out www.birthdayexpress.com. That site might give you some ideas without buying anything from them. Here are some other ideas:

http://familyfun.go.com/parties/holiday/specialfeature/doca0603_pirates_sf/

http://familyfun.go.com/parties/birthday/feature/famf58birthday/famf58birthday11.html

HTH!! There are a lot of sites that offer birthday party ideas ~ just Google. :) There are several other threads on here that suggest sites like this as well. Good luck and fun with the planning! happy birthday to your little pirate!

schums
08-08-2007, 09:22 AM
We just did a pirate party for DS this past year. For the goodie bags, we did chocolate coins, pretend gold coins , pirate stickers and tattoos, eye patch (paper) and plastic spy glass (it actually did magnify) I got from Party America (but were actually from Oriental Trading Co.) and some Nestle Treasures candy (they look like treasure chests). DD is having a princess party this weekend, and for the boys I found Playmobil princes at Target for $2. They just come with one character and accessories in the box, and they have tons of different varieties, including a couple different types of pirates.

HTH and GL,
Sarah
Mom to Alex (3/2002) and Catherine (8/2003)

jacksmom0902
08-08-2007, 12:17 PM
My son had a pirate party last year and our goodie bags included a spyglass, a small pirate rubber duck, a plastic treasure chest w/gold coins and jewels (those inexpensive plastic necklaces) and a small bag of Pirate's Booty. Each pirate also received a balloon sword. Have fun!

Melanie
08-08-2007, 03:56 PM
Spyglasses are cool and nicely non-violent. I don't know if you can find them anymore but Target's Play Wonder section (now hitting 50% off clearance) had some that looked nice. Another option might be a bandana for the head. Oriental Trading company has both of those as well (search by 'telescope').

Though, maybe because I had a boy first, I tend to give the same things to boys & girls at our parties to limit "issues," with sibling sets once they get home (They get the bags on the way OUT)

kransden
08-09-2007, 10:01 PM
Thanks ladies, I knew I could count on you to help. I'll try the spy glasses from Oriental Trading Company. I could always cop out and buy them matchbox cars, but I wanted something on an ocean theme. I plan on getting necklaces, tatoos, maybe bubbles and candy coins.

Karin and Katie 10/24/02