PDA

View Full Version : A good friend has started selling Juice Plus......

cchavez
08-09-2007, 08:26 PM
I am going to her information meeting on monday.....I am leery about starting this up...but I will not make up my mind until I have all the information. If I decide not to do it, how do I tell her no??? She is almost "brainwashed" by this product.......

megs4413
08-09-2007, 09:30 PM
i've got a pretty low opinion of it...but if you don't want it just be honest about it. make up your own mind about it.

we knew someone when DH was going through chemo that was "brainwashed" by it, and honestly it was hurtful when DH couldn't even eat for her to try to "shove" it down our throats. it didn't help that it was a money making scheme and it felt like she was trying to prey on us when we were vulnerable.

hellokitty
08-10-2007, 09:12 AM
It is super expensive. I know ppl who love it and ppl who hate it, but the ppl who sell it are all the brainwashed types. We once stayed at a bed and breakfast where the ppl who owned the place kept trying to push juice plus on us. It was a really uncomfortable situation. If you don't want to go to her party on monday, just make up an excuse not to go.

dogmom
08-11-2007, 02:57 AM
Don't get me started. My MIL is into this stuff because a former business partner of her sells it. It is basically overpriced vitamins that can't even list exactly how much of any particular vitamin is in a pill because it varies from pill to pill because it's so "all natural". Or at least that's their claim. I was completely offended when my MIL's friend was pushing their prenatal stuff on me claiming it prevents miscarriages and birth defects 100%. This was after I had a miscarriage. Apparently the stuff is SOOO powerful that it can eliminate those pesky trimsomial disorders by clipping that extra chromosome off, which is the cause of many miscarriages in older women, like me. I told her I couldn't take the stuff since they couldn't guarantee me that their stupid pills had the minimum recommended amount of Folic Acid I needed to take to prevent neural tube defects. She's left me alone after that. (Of course I am also a member of the "medical industrial complex" since I'm a nurse, so maybe that's why she gave up so easy.)

I don't know what to tell you. I'd rather a friend sell Mary Kay or something like that, at least I would get a free facial out of it. :)

HannaAddict
08-12-2007, 01:28 PM
I wouldn't even do the "information" meeting, it is a pyramid scheme. Don't feel badly for declining, she doesn't feel badly about pitching this to her friends.

Kimberly

Sillygirl
08-12-2007, 08:37 PM
If you want "all the information" you may want to have this article handy when you go:
http://www.mlmwatch.org/04C/NSA/juiceplus.html

I think keeping an open mind is overrated when presented with obvious nonsense like the JuicePlus claims, personally. I wouldn't go and would have no problems telling a friend so. You can just say "It's not for me, thanks - would you like some bean dip?"

lizajane
08-12-2007, 09:10 PM
i am a big fan of the "dh would kill me if i spent any money right now" tactic.