PDA

View Full Version : My kid is a funny chatterbox

kijip
08-11-2007, 01:32 AM
Share your recent funny kids sayings and doings here!

Here is mine. I overhead this and both J and I were ready to dissolve in giggles as it continued on...and on. :P Toby's fave thing to do rignt now is to pretend that one of the window sills in our room is his restaurant's kitchen (he dramatically emerges from behind the curtain each time clutching pretend food). For "real food" you have to visit his other location, in his room where all the food is wooden and prepared in his toy kitchen.

T: Would you like a sandwich?

J: Sure!

T: Here you go.

J: Thanks! Smack smack smack... mmm, was that salami?

T: No, that was just a sandwich on a stick. That's all I make at this restaurant.

T: ... (holding a cardboard 'menu') What would you like for dinner at this pretend restaurant?

J: You can order for me off of the menu.

T: (looking at menu)
You um want ... ... a latte with strawberries, and blueberries, and raspberries, and onions in it. That's what I'm making for dinner. It's a different kind of coffee. It's not drip coffee or espresso; it tastes ... kind of different.

J: Oh, all right. Sounds tasty.

T: Okay, what would you like for dessert?

J: What looks good to you?

T: How bout... Raspberries and blueberries and strawberries with WHIP CREAM. Do you want that?

J: Yes, please!

T: Okay, it'll be on a stick and it will be kind of icy, so you'll have to eat it quick before it melts.

T: (holding out menu) Okay, what do you want for dinner now?

J: Oh, I already had my latte with berries and onions. I'm full.

T: Yeah, but I keep giving people food. That's what I do at this pretend restaurant.
... I'll give you a tortilla peanut butter and jam sandwich.

J: Okay...

T: ...Here you go. (hands J an enormous piece of cardboard with books on it) It's a *really heavy* sandwich.