PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a baby who gets sweaty while nursing?

ciaobella
08-12-2007, 04:35 PM
My DS who is closing in on 6 months old has started getting a sweaty head while nursing and when he takes his bottles at daycare. He has a hearty appetite and usually does NOT fall asleep while eating.

I mentioned it to our ped at our last check up and he said that sweating while eating can be a generic sign of other problems (like heart problems of some sort) or nothing at all. He was not concerned because he is not turning blue nor is he lethargic and he is not falling asleep while he is eating.

Anyhow, just wondering if anyone else has btdt. Thanks!

elephantmeg
08-12-2007, 04:51 PM
my mom said that I did when I was little. I was a summer baby and was just hot I guess! She kept expecting DS to do it, but he didn't.

JBaxter
08-12-2007, 04:59 PM
My oldest did. I would use my shirt to wipe the sweat off his head or it would roll down his face into his eyes. Sometimes my shirt would actually be damp. He is still a really hot blooded kid.

ETA he has no medical problems other than allergies ( environmental) he had a hernia repair at 16 months.

tylersmama
08-12-2007, 07:24 PM
Yep, my DS gets quite the sweaty head when he's nursing. He's pretty hot-blooded, and also gets sweaty when he's sleeping (just like his father, actually) and even sometimes when he's pooping. I've never been concerned about it. He usually cools down pretty quickly when he's done! :)

ljackson
08-12-2007, 09:19 PM
If I lay DD on a normal pillow when she is nursing she gets sweaty where her head is in contact with it. I also have a pillow that was given to me that is filled with barley or something similar that does not make her sweat. It was given to me by someone who bought it in Germany 10 years ago so I have no idea if they are available now, but I also like it because she beds down into it as she would into a beanbag and it is harder for her to roll off than a regular pillow. I find that it makes me less hot too.

JoyNChrist
08-12-2007, 11:54 PM
It's not his head...my DS's feet sweat while he's nursing, pooping, or after he's been asleep for a while. I never really thought much about it...DH is really hot-natured, so I figured he gets it from his daddy.

hellokitty
08-13-2007, 10:54 AM
My youngest son's nn is, "sweathead." He is SUCH a sweaty kid and gets it from both my brother and my DH, so it's a double whammy, b/c both sides of the family have it. When he used to nurse as newborn, only his head would turn fiery hot and all of his hair (he has spiky hair) would get wet and stick to his head. I felt like he was never clean, b/c I could give him a bath, nurse him after the bath to put him down for bed and by the time I laid him down he would look like he just did an hr long aerobics workout and he'd be sweaty all over. I have to be careful not to overdress him, since he has a tendency to get over-heated. My son is healthy, we do not know of any heart problems, he's just one of those hot blooded kids whose preference is to run around naked if at all possible. He's always hot and never cold.

DrSally
08-13-2007, 12:40 PM
Usually if they are skin-to-skin, or covered alot, but not all the time. I hope it isn't something medical...good that you brought it up with your ped though.