PDA

View Full Version : Please help an online photo newbie!

casey118
08-12-2007, 05:55 PM
I am way behind the game when it comes to doing anything with my digital photos! Thanks to a recommendation from here I started Picasa and am trying to organize my photos- editing, captions, etc. so that I can print them in photo books. Now I am a little stuck.

If I upload my photos to an online site like York or Snapfish, is it possible to upload my edited photos from Picasa? How do I do that? I just uploaded my first album, but realized that I uploaded them from a folder from my camera program, so didn't get the edits. Am I better off just editing them in the York/Snapfish album? For example, I took some pictures outside in the bright sun, so faces are a little too dark in the shadow. When I use the "fill flash" on Picasa the pictures look great, but it doesn't seem to work when I use the editing tools on York or Snapfish.

Also, how do I make sure that they are cropped correctly? When I push the crop button in Picasa, nothing seems to happen. And both York and Snapfish print in 4x6, not 4D (or whatever the digital size is called). Do I manually crop each picture? Is it possible to get a smaller picture without cropping (if that makes sense), or are there any sites that will print the 4xD size for a reasonable price and good quality?

I'm sure these questions are really elemental, I just don't know how to do it! I'm sure I will have more questions, but I really appreciate your help!