PDA

View Full Version : Boyne Mountain Waterpark

niccig
08-13-2007, 06:47 PM
We leave on Wed. for Boyne Mountain Waterpark in Michigan. We're meeting the ILs and family friends there. No one can tell me anything about the resort or things to do with DS - 2.5 yo. Everyone just says, there's a waterpark, but no other information.

Any information on nearby supermarkets? I'll need to get diapers/food when we're there - we have a room with a kitchen.

Thanks. Nicci

schums
08-13-2007, 07:20 PM
I haven't been there but I've heard it's a lot of fun. Here's a link to the attractions page on there web site. http://www.avalanchebay.com/attractions.html It looks like there is a kid's area for little ones, plus some other stuff that might be fun for DS to do (lazy river type things). The area is known for skiing and golf mostly, but I'm sure there are a ton of things to do. If you like to hike, swim, bike, canoe, etc. you'll not be bored.

I did a google search for local groceries in that zip code, and it doesn't look like there are any chains (Kroger, etc.) in the area. Not sure where you're flying into, but if you're driving through/near Traverse City (about 1 hour south of Boyne), they have tons of groceries. Meijers is kind of like Super Wal-mart but much nicer. Kroger is another chain in the mid-west.

GL and hope you enjoy your trip!
Sarah
Mom to Alex (3/2002) and Catherine (8/2003)

niccig
08-13-2007, 10:26 PM
Thanks Sarah. DH has been too busy to even give me the information on where we're staying. We're normally more organized for trips. We are flying into Traverse City, so I can stock up there for diapers. I may have to wait for food until we're closer to Boyne Mountain - I won't have a cooler to keep things cold. If they're no chains, I'm sure they'll be smaller groceries. We have a kitchen in our room, and I want to cook more meals than I normally do when we're on vacation. I do like to eat out, but I'm done dealing with an energetic 2.5 yo in a restaurant when he's already waited ages for other members of our party to get ready. It's easier for me if I feed him before we leave or just stay in the room with him at meal times.

Off to pack a mountain of clothes, DS wants to wear underwear but hasn't quite worked out how to get to the potty on time. Next thing, to find a laundromat in the area, I think I'll need it.

Nicci

schums
08-14-2007, 04:57 PM
There were a couple of local groceries I found with google. One (at least) is an IGA -- kind of a franchise grocery store chain. In northern MI, that's what you see a lot in smaller towns, since they can't justify anything bigger. You'll be able to get brand names, and it'll be cheaper than a convenience store, but it'll definitely be more than Wal-mart or another chain.

Since you have a kitchen/kitchette in your room, check and see if the hotel (or where ever you're staying) has an on-site wash-it-yourself laundry. More and more hotels we've been in have this available for guests.

Enjoy your trip!
Sarah
Mom to Alex (3/2002) and Catherine (8/2003)

niccig
08-15-2007, 04:00 PM
Sarah, they do have an on-site laundromat. I have to remember to take a small ziplock of washing detergent. I think I'll need it, the other day DS went through 3 changes of clothes in 2 hours because of PT accidents. He is 100% PT when naked, but put clothes on and he's 100% not trained...so still working on it.

The trip should be fun. I have to finish packing though...

Thanks for your help.