PDA

View Full Version : check these out!!

kochh2
08-14-2007, 09:28 AM
https://reminderband.com/index.php

saw a post about them on parent hacks with a suggestion to get it made with parent's cell phone info to help if your child gets lost... a neat idea... you could do an allergy one, or anything really, since they will make one bracelet for like $4.50... thats pretty good, IMO!! I suppose you could even make them into name bracelets to put on backpacks, etc...

hth someone!!

Alys the Cat
08-15-2007, 02:57 PM
Thanks for the link -- this really is a great idea! Their site was a little confusing (says minimum order of five bracelets on some pages, vs. one bracelet on others), but I called and confirmed I could order as few as one. I actually went ahead and got three: one in a very bright yellow for when we hit the theme parks, and two others in more neutral colors for everyday use. Looking forward to getting them...

kristine_elen
08-15-2007, 07:53 PM
Do they come in different sizes? They look like they'd just slip off a toddler or preschooler. .... Oh, I see now, they do.

kochh2
08-16-2007, 07:15 PM
christine... cant wait to hear reviews!!!

kochh2
08-16-2007, 07:15 PM

kochh2
08-16-2007, 07:16 PM

kochh2
08-16-2007, 07:16 PM

Alys the Cat
08-16-2007, 08:20 PM
I think they're due to arrive in just over a week. I'll post when they get here...

o_mom
08-27-2007, 01:15 PM
Any reviews yet? :-)

dr mom
08-28-2007, 07:48 AM
Waiting to hear if you love these before I place my order. :)

Another idea for parents of little ones: I put engraved pet tags on my three-year-old's shoes, which have cell phone numbers for DH and I, as well as our home phone. The tags lie flat, and DS hardly notices they are there - they don't make noise.

Ordered from here: http://www.boomerangtags.com/page.php?c=collartags&k=h

Alys the Cat
09-17-2007, 12:39 PM
Sorry it has taken me so long to write this! The bracelets arrived right on schedule, so the delay is all mine.

I am very pleased with the overall quality of the bracelets. They are nice and thick -- not flimsy like the favor-style bracelets you get from Oriental Trading, etc.

My DS is just over three years old and is about 41" tall and 38ish pounds. The child-size bracelet fits him securely -- it's a little loose on his wrist (as it should be) but will not fall off. With that in mind, it might be too small for an older/bigger child.

My only concern is that the text on the bracelets is a little hard to read. The impression is a decent depth, but the text is just not very eye-catching, kwim? Since silicone bracelets are such common accessories these days, someone might not think to check one for vital info like a phone number. The company does offer the option of having the text imprint filled in with a contrasting color, which should make it more legible.

Overall, a thumbs up for the bracelets. A bit pricey but good quality for everyday use. If I had it to do over again, tho, I'd order at least one with colored text.

HTH! Feel free to ask questions...