PDA

View Full Version : Tuscan Paint Finish, need advice

lovin2shop
08-14-2007, 11:26 AM
Okay, I'm very leery of faux finishes, but my painter has convinced me that we should try a color wash in my kitchen. I'm replacing wall paper with a skip trowel textured finish. Then I want to do a very subtle yellow with a light umber wash over it for a tuscan effect. Any recommendations on paint or glaze colors to get this effect? I'm worried that it will turn out to be bright yellow with brown streaks! I'm headed to Sherwin Williams today, so if anyone knows any specific color recommendations, I would be eternally grateful. I'm also missing that paint color picking gene.....

linsei
08-14-2007, 04:06 PM
I did a yellow color wash in my kitchen a few months ago. Mine is not a subtle yellow, but I'm happy with how it looks and get lots of compliments. I didn't texture the walls either, but used 3 different colors, so it does looks dimensional. I used Behr paint Gold Buff (base), Sahara Shade, and Light Copper - this might be too dramatic for what you are trying to achieve. If this is something you might be interested in, I'll try and figure out how to upload a pic from the camera (bear with me, it's new and I haven't done it before with this camera!)

eta: I chose those colors b/c I wanted a tuscan look.

Linda

http://b3.lilypie.com/64MSm4/.png[/img][/url]

And a new little Valentine to debut in February!