PDA

View Full Version : Aero bed

kcimato
08-15-2007, 11:37 PM
Howeasy is it to inflate and deflate and then pack it away? I just bought a Coleman at Target for $22 and what a pain. I'm taking it back and thinking about getting the Aero Bed.

MarisaSF
08-16-2007, 12:34 AM
Well, I guess my first question is: What did you find bothersome about the Coleman?

We have an Aero Bed and I found it fairly easy to deflate and pack the few of times we've used it for guests. I like our single level one better than the double-height one we borrowed once. Much easier to store and lighter to carry.

ETA: Oh, it's SUPER easy to inflate. Just plug it in et VOILA... bed!.

punkrockmama
08-16-2007, 01:00 AM
Yeah, I've got a plain areo from a few years ago. There's not much to it, inflating it or taking it down. Rolling it up and stuffing it back into the bag is prolly what takes the longest, and that's not even much of a deal. It's held up well.

kijip
08-16-2007, 01:59 AM
Easy to inflate, bulky to store (impossible to fold back as tightly as it comes in the box). We have one and that is what my brother and SIL slept on when they were here. They seemed comfortable enough. J and I have slept on it and it was ok. We have the king sized double height one and I would prefer to have the queen lower one for easier storage. But we got it for free, so I am not too picky. :)

****Rocking out while parenting my smart little munchkin Toby. Just trying to do good in the world, a little at a time. Words to live by: it is *never* the wrong time to do the right thing :)

kcimato
08-16-2007, 07:57 AM
Thanks everyone. I didn't like the fact that I had to pick all the layers apart. It was taking forever, you know how that stuff sticks together.

hbridge
08-16-2007, 08:10 AM
We have the LLBean Sport twin size Aerobed and LOVE it. It's DC's travel bed so it's been everywhere (Grandpa's, friend's houses, Inn's/Hotels...). It's so easy to put up (just make sure the pump is charged) and taking it down takes about a minute. We put a waterproof mattress pad on the mattress and then DC's sleeping bag. The best part is that DC sleeps great.

I never tried to put everything back in the box, but the mattress (with the pump and charger) comes with a storage bag that's big enough to fit the mattress pad and sleeping bag in with it.

We love it...

scoop22
08-16-2007, 08:17 AM
we had borrowed two aero beds from our neighbor. i loved them. very easy to use. we traveled with it. it is bulky. theirs came with a bag to store it in and it was very easy to place inside the bag. we had an air mattress not sure which kind) but we had to find our own way of storing it. it ended up with a hole in it. i want to purchace an aero bed. the neighbor had a pillow top kind. very comfy!

http://b3.lilypie.com/Sd3bm4.png

lmintzer
08-16-2007, 08:20 AM
Our aero is probably about 7 years old and is still going strong. I find it very easy to work with, though I think it's much more comfortable when used with an egg crate foam mattress topper. So that adds to the work of set-up and dismantling. The aerobed itself is quite easy. Once you get the hang of folding it up (in thirds and then roll), it's fast and stuffs right back in the bag. I don't thnk I could ever get it small enough to fit in its original box (if we even still have that), but I think the storage bag is just fine.

Melanie
08-17-2007, 12:34 AM
Love ours. Ds has the children's/toddler one and we have a queen. We've used it numerous times w/out complaint. Ours came with storage bags and they fit back into them without issue. They take up about the same space as a sleeping bag roll, give or take.