PDA

View Full Version : Help!: How much will you pay for the water filter?

kusumat
08-17-2007, 03:28 AM
I just looked at our 2006 city water quality report and found out that all items tested did not violate the standards; however, out of 75 sites 2 had lead significantly over the limit. We did the water test at home and found out it was positive on the pesticide not lead. We reported the result to the city and were informed that pesticide were not items they required to test.

I guess we need a quality water filter. As we live in an apartment, we can't really install the reverse-osmosis or undersink one. Choices we have are only the faucet-mouted filters or countertop ones. I narrowed down to two choices b/w Pur FM9400 (Cost $40 and $80 per year)and e-Spring 100188 (Cost $500 and $100 per year). Both got great rating from Consumer reports and certification from NSF international. E-spring can reduce more contaminants but expensive. Also it was made in USA while parts of Pur were made in China.

I have very difficult time convincing DH that we should go for e-Spring. Any advice? E-Spring can reduce PCB, Radon, VOC, Dibromochloropropane which can't be done with Pur. It is one of Amway product and only sold through its distributor. We never brought anything from this type of business before and are a little nervous.

Any thoughts or advice? Thanks.