PDA

View Full Version : HELP...Desperately in need of marker removal advice!!

SASM
08-17-2007, 02:09 PM
DD was using Crayola markers soooo well this AM. I left the table for a moment to get a drink and I came back to a foot-long dark purple arch on my unfinished light wood table!!! I've tried Orange Glo (works awesome with crayon) without success and now I am stumped!!! I cannot hide THAT atrwork under a placemat.

HUGE thanks in advance!

Marisa6826
08-17-2007, 02:30 PM
I would try lightly sanding the table to see if you can get the ink off.

-m

wendmatt
08-17-2007, 05:24 PM
Not sure if it will ruin your table finish but those magic eraser cleaner things (not sure of exact name) from Mr Clean work wonders. They are very alkaline so keep away from kids but they really do work.

Fairy
08-17-2007, 06:16 PM
I was also going to recommend the magic eraser. If all else fails, you should be able to have a furniture restorer sand it down/finish it. Sooooo sorry.

miki
08-17-2007, 07:34 PM
Did you check to see what Crayola recommends? http://www.crayola.com/canwehelp/staintips/index.cfm

SASM
08-17-2007, 08:54 PM
Marisa,

I have a horrible feeling that that is what I just might have to do. YUCK! It is a VERY long table.

SASM
08-17-2007, 08:56 PM
You know, I was thinking about this, as it works on practically everything else. Not hopeful, as the table is porous, but I will give it a try. THANK YOU!

SASM
08-17-2007, 08:58 PM
THAT'S what I was trying to remember today!!! I wanted to check out this site but the DCs kept distracting me! THANK YOU!! :)

casey118
08-20-2007, 05:32 PM
Did you get it out yet? If not, try rubbing alcohol. It works great to remove ink from all surfaces- except I wouldn't use it on carpet. When you use it on cloth the ink will spread and then will wash out (wash right away). On carpet, the ink will spread but then there is no way to wash it out. Unfortunately, I know this from experience.
I have even used rubbing alcohol to clean sharpie marks off of wood floors (it took a lot of scrubbing though). Goot love the artistic mind of a 3 year old! Good luck!