PDA

View Full Version : BBB mojo request-my first ever.

elaineandmichaelsmommy
08-18-2007, 03:47 AM
My father,stepmother,sister,bil and one year old nephew are in akumel mexico in the yucatan peninsula. Hurricane dean is scheduled to make landfall there as a class 5 hurricane on tuesday. We haven't heard a peep from any of them yet and I'm getting very worried. As much as I try to tell myself that they'll get out and everything will be fine I'm nervous as all getout.
So if you guys could please send your good vibes,prayers or whatever their way I'd really appreciate it and I'm sure they would also.

The storm has already gone through martenique and the pictures look awful and it's supposed to be much worse when it hits mexico. With a class 5 wind speeds should be around 160 mph and their condo is on the coast,and when I say coast I mean they step out the back door and there's the beach. I'm just so scared for them.

buddyleebaby
08-18-2007, 07:49 AM
Sending good thoughts. I hope they remain safe.

stella
08-18-2007, 11:01 AM
Oh dear. Is it too late to evacuate, then? I'm sure they have already thought of that! I will pray for their safety. I am sorry that you are going through all this worry. HUGS to you.

elaineandmichaelsmommy
08-18-2007, 12:20 PM
I spoke with my stepmother and other sister who's here in the states with me. After a little wrangling they got flights out on monday. Apparently they couldn't call out on their cell phones so when my other sister called to see how they were she was needed to help with the tickets. After much explanation as to what was going on and her realtion to the ticketholders she was allowed to make the changes to their departure times.
Apparently it was just a bunch of -I don't know if we can do that let me transfer you to my supervisor. And then she'd have to explain it all again so it took a few hours to take care of. But the good news is that they're driving back to cancun today and flying out on monday,God willing, for home.
But we could still use some prayers that their plane takes off all right and doesn't get canceled or something else awful that would stick them there.So if anyone has some prayers to spare we could till use them I guess.
Thanks so much.

scoop22
08-18-2007, 12:25 PM
i will be thinking of them and hoping they arrive home safely. my prayers are with you and your family!

http://b3.lilypie.com/Sd3bm4.png

oneplustwo
08-18-2007, 02:49 PM
Your family is in my prayers, and I will be sending all my good luck wishes to them that they stay safe! My mom and brother rode out Hurricane Charley in FL three years ago (they live close to where the eye hit). I cannot begin to describe how I felt sick with sheer terror when the storm veered towards them at the last minute, and tore over them. I know very well how you are feeling right now! Thank goodness they have a flight out, tell them to keep trying to get a flight out earlier if at all possible -- maybe even camp out at the airport. We have friends in Cancun as well so I am sending LOTS and LOTS of wishes and prayers that everyone will be all right.

scoop22
08-20-2007, 05:40 PM
just checking in to see if you have heard from them..

elaineandmichaelsmommy
08-20-2007, 06:47 PM
Thanks so much for all your good wishes everyone. Their plane landed at 2:30 this afternoon. They drove up to cancun from the condo yesterday and flew out this morning. I was a little scared for them when we learned that there were flights out being canceled because it was no longer safe but they flew out before that happened. So now everyone's home, snug and safe. Phewww.

scoop22
08-20-2007, 06:56 PM
excellent.. thanks for the update!!
now you can sleep tight.

megs4413
08-20-2007, 07:47 PM
thank goodness!