PDA

View Full Version : How much weight do you give bad feelings?

mapg
08-20-2007, 11:57 PM
I'm not speaking of general nervous feelings, but rather to situations involving a specific person or conversation. Does anyone know the feeling? There is no one thing you can put your finger on or point to later, just a flash of insight or a feeling. My husband and I were discussing this earlier tonight. He thinks it happens for a reason, I tend to agree. What does everyone else think?
MA

Jenn98
08-21-2007, 12:16 AM
I like to say that evolution is a powerful thing. There is a reason you get fearful in a bad situation and it's because it's nature's (or fate or God or who/whatever) way of saying: GET OUT!! So, I do put a lot of weight on things like that.

MeAndMyStar
08-21-2007, 12:25 AM
I totally believe in the 'gut-instict' feeling. If something seems off than it probably is! I tend to not *fully* trust most people, sad to say, but I do try to not give snap judgements. I definitely am very intuitive, I think, and can sense when something fishy is going on ;)

lisams
08-21-2007, 12:51 AM
Are you a Scorpio?!

I'm the same as you. There's this feeling I get when something just doesn't feel right - sometimes I'll try to talk myself out of it but it stays on my mind.

kijip
08-21-2007, 12:58 AM
A lot. I should give it more than I do. But I have found that my general feeling about someone or a situation is generally true. Now if I listened to it, like when it told me that letting my brother live with us for a bit was a sucky butt idea, I would be a better person.

****Rocking out while parenting my smart little munchkin Toby. Just trying to do good in the world, a little at a time. Words to live by: it is *never* the wrong time to do the right thing :)

denna
08-21-2007, 06:49 AM
Listening to my gut instinct/ intuitive feelings has yet to fail me. I put a lot of weight into my intuition and trust it wholeheartedly.

elephantmeg
08-21-2007, 06:55 AM
absolutely. As a nurse I go by that gut feeling everytime. And the 2 times I didn't I really wished I had....

MeAndMyStar
08-21-2007, 09:41 AM
Nope, I'm an Aries! :)

JBaxter
08-21-2007, 10:17 AM
I learned long ago to listen to my gut.

ShanaMama
08-21-2007, 11:03 AM
Actually, parenting has taught me to give more credence to my gut than it used to. I am still refining the 'skill', learning the difference between nervous kind of anxiety and true gut instincts. But I do think you should give them credence.

gatorsmom
08-21-2007, 03:18 PM
Hasn't failed me yet either. It's made me a bit more cautious than I would like sometimes, but I always listen to it because I figure better safe than sorry.

Lisa
Mom to Gator July 2003
And Cha-Cha July 2005
and surprise! twins due 11/07!

Happy 2B mommy
08-21-2007, 10:02 PM
I've learned to listen to my gut. If a person or situation makes the back of my neck tingle or my chest starts to tighten, I know that something isn't right. Call it instinct or call it angels, but always, always listen.

Marisa6826
08-22-2007, 01:07 AM
Totally trust them. There's a reason they're called instincts. ;)

-m

punkrockmama
08-22-2007, 05:03 AM
Ohh yeah. I listen to it. Sometimes it's easier than others,but I always try to.

I'm not always sure what it is that puts it there either, but I firmly believe that our instincts are a gift.

My mom used to say that it was my guardian angel giving me a nudge in the right direction.