PDA

View Full Version : Request for prayers and BBB mojo, please!

Mamma2004
08-21-2007, 01:02 PM
I am asking this amazing community to pray with me for my mom. I am still a mess after the loss of our dog in June (I know it's not the same; however, she was a beloved member of our family) and I am trying so hard to shelter DS and to be a good mom to him.

My mother is seriously ill and faces a terribly risky surgery, most likely in September. She still faces complications from her fall in March but they will not be able to proceed with treatment until she undergoes surgery for a life-threatening condition.

An abdominal aortic aneurysm has blocked nearly all of the flow of blood in her body, so much so that they were unable to draw even a drop of blood at the hospital last week. The risks of a large "AAA" are many: until they operate, the aneurysm could rupture and they predict that she would bleed to death; in addition, if she does not experience a rapid increase in blood flow they fear she could end up having limbs amputated. Funny, that seems minor compared to losing her life.

The vascular surgeon will meet with her on September 10 to discuss the surgeries on both her torso and her legs. In the meantime, all we can do is pray.

For those of you who believe in the power of prayer, I would be so grateful if you could take a few moments to pray for Mary Ann. It has been a terribly difficult and emotional summer, not only for my family but for many of yours, and while I feel utterly powerless, the only thing I can do is appeal to friends(both IRL and online) for their positive thoughts and prayers.

Thank you for taking the time to read this message, and for any prayers you are able to offer.

Gratefully,
Stephanie

buddyleebaby
08-21-2007, 05:04 PM
Stephanie,

Hugs and many prayers.

ilovetivo
08-21-2007, 05:16 PM
Prayers and hugs sent!!!

scoop22
08-21-2007, 05:41 PM
Stephanie,
my prayers are with you, your family, and your mother Mary Ann. Keep us posted as i know i will be thinking of her.

http://b3.lilypie.com/Sd3bm4.png

elizabethkott
08-21-2007, 06:31 PM
Prayers, (((hugs))) and good thoughts for you, your family and your mom.
I hope everything will be better soon!

gatorsmom
08-21-2007, 06:58 PM
Lots of prayers coming your way.

Lisa
Mom to Gator July 2003
And Cha-Cha July 2005
and surprise! twins due 11/07!

kdeunc
08-21-2007, 07:03 PM
I will keep you and your family in my prayers. I hope that your mom does well with the surgery.

kozachka
08-22-2007, 12:31 AM
Your post has almost made me cry. Sending lots of virtual hugs to you and may you be strong for your DS. Keeping your mom in my thoughts.

elaineandmichaelsmommy
08-22-2007, 12:47 AM
You've got it,candles and all.

denna
08-22-2007, 12:50 AM
Stephanie,

Big hugs to you and your mom. Sending lots of health vibes and good thoughts your way.

punkrockmama
08-22-2007, 04:55 AM
>Your post has almost made me cry.

Me too. :(

Stephanie, I'll be praying for your mama. Big hugs, and all the positive mojo I can muster to her, you, and the whole family. Please keep us updated.

elephantmeg
08-22-2007, 06:49 AM
praying for you. AAA's are awful things, I hope they are able to repair it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mamma2004
08-23-2007, 12:14 PM
My heartfelt thanks to all of you for your prayers, positive thoughts, candles and words of encouragement.

I want to show your supportive responses to my mom when she and my dad visit on Sunday.

Thank you, and please continue to pray for her!

Stephanie

MommytoDylan
08-23-2007, 03:08 PM
Praying for your mom and for you!

Love,
Meredith