PDA

View Full Version : To all my fellow Target aficionados...

theamazingtrace
08-21-2007, 01:55 PM
Where do you stash your goods? Seriously... I have successfully cluttered the garage, the closets, various corners of the house, and DD2's room. And yet I continue to hunt for the deals...

linsei
08-21-2007, 02:02 PM
Get back out there, you didn't mention your attic, so you still have plenty of room ;)

Linda

http://b3.lilypie.com/64MSm4/.png[/img][/url]

And a new little Valentine to debut in February!

calv
08-21-2007, 03:11 PM
LMAO! Sorry I'm the exact.same.way. I have stashes everywhere including the basement and DH keeps asking me if the pile is growing. "No honey, I have no idea what you're talking about". Whats' sad is that they're not gifts they're all for the kids. Just too good of a deal to pass up!

All this to say I'm no help but totally know where you're coming from.

kcgirl
08-21-2007, 03:20 PM
Have you maxed out your relatives and/or neighbors storage also?!!

I know, I know, I have that same problem -- although I have cut way back now. It's REALLY hard to pass up a good deal though!!!

gatorsmom
08-21-2007, 07:09 PM
I am always amazed when I get to the check out line. Because every time I go in there I have a list. A very specific list. But I always come out with a cart full.

We need to start a support group for Targetaholics. "Hello, my name is Lisa and I"m a Targetaholic."

Lisa
Mom to Gator July 2003
And Cha-Cha July 2005
and surprise! twins due 11/07!

floridamommy
08-21-2007, 09:36 PM
Never has a phrase been uttered that so perfectly applied to me. I have Target bags bursting from the seams of my house, and the most recent 75% toy sale has left me with absolutely no more hiding spaces. Unfortunately/Fortunately, I scored on some "big" box items and finding the space has been a real problem. I got the grocery market, the monkey bar playgym, the train table, 2 balance bikes and a sand & water table all at 75% off. None of these are small boxes and they are very conspicuous peeking out from under the dining room table. Along with the fact I purchased 6 big Aquadoodles at 75% and 5 full-size dinosaur Magnadoodles at 75% off...I have nowhere to stash these items. This, of course, does not take into account the ridiculous number of bubble items I bought when they recently got marked down to 75% off...it is a disease. :)

Twin Mom
08-21-2007, 10:19 PM
Yeah. Guilty as charged. I still haven't given my kids all the stuff I bought at the end of last summer. LOL.

I did pick up party favors for their b-day party next month. I had to run around to a bunch of different targets to get enough but for $2.48 each, it was worth it.

JoyNChrist
08-21-2007, 10:34 PM
Perfect example...

I went to Target this afternoon for two things - Method wood floor cleaner, which is $3.99 if I remember correctly, and a plastic tote for my cleaning supplies (I'm baby-proofing), which I found for $4.19.

When I got to the register, my total was $143.83.

What happened?!? I'm not even sure I know what all I bought!

"Hello, my name is Stacy, and I belong in the Targetaholic club."

theamazingtrace
08-21-2007, 11:05 PM
Okay, this is turning out to be more of an enabling session than a support/recovery group. :) I'm glad I'm not alone.

nupe
08-22-2007, 08:54 PM
Stop cold turkey.

I buy things that I would normally purchase at Target elsewhere, for example I can buy filtrete air filters at lowe's. I realized that I didn't need all those toys, etc. I don't think there is any one item that I regularly purchase that I can only get at Target. The people at Target are marketing geniuses in that they can get me to part with a lot more $$ than I ever intend to spend on a single shopping trip, as other posters have said.

gatorsmom
08-23-2007, 12:17 PM
Yeah, but stopping cold turkey would take the fun out of it. Better to go out with a bang. Like one more fantastic shopping trip- one to remember....

Lisa
Mom to Gator July 2003
And Cha-Cha July 2005
and surprise! twins due 11/07!

supercalifragilous
08-23-2007, 07:35 PM
Another Targetoholic here... I am of the "I can always return it" rationalizing variety. This little phrase has gotten me out of numerous stores $100s over budget (particularly Costco) but especially Target when there is a sale.

DH just caught on and asked me, "As frequently as you go to the store, how is it that you never manage to make a single return??" *shrug* Oops?? I also buy things for future b-day gifts and such too but am running out of space. Honestly, the DD's friends will probably outgrow the gifts before I have a chance to give them all away!

And drat that Target for putting the $1 spot right at the entrance! How many things have landed in my cart b/c I think "Well it's only $1..." I have no willpower!!!

hellokitty
08-26-2007, 01:24 PM
OK, I've been a targetaholic for over ten yrs now. I stash toys and home stuff in the basement. Anything that has to do with the bedrooms, like clothes and sheets, goes upstairs. I have to admit that having kids has really cut down my target addiction. My children are not the sweet children that happily sit in the shopping cart when we are out. So, that means that if I have to take my kids along, I am constantly distracted by them, or else I have to wait until my DH gets home and agrees to watch the kids for me so I can run out. I never regret the target 75% off toys though, b/c I pretty much never pay full or even sale price for toys, since I get all toys for my kids' birthdays and christmas and other kids' birthdays from target clearance.

Just as an example, for my youngest son's birthday, the night before his birthday my DH asked, "so what did you get him for his birthday?" I looked at him and said, "hmmm, I don't know, I guess I will have to go downstairs to M's toy store to pick out some gifts." I went downstairs and five minutes later, I emerged with four toys to wrap up for him (I always keep the clearance price tag on, b/c I love seeing how much I saved paying for it), and these were nice toys, that I only ended up paying $17 for on clearance. If I would have paid full price these toys would have been over $60. My DH used to grumble about my clearance shopping, but he's come around in the past few yrs. He appreciates the mentality that I have for stuff like toys and home stuff as, "I'll get it when/if it goes on 75% clearance." If I wait long enough, it almost always goes on clearance.