PDA

View Full Version : Part time financial aid?

Marisa6826
08-22-2007, 01:14 AM
Is there some sort of a site that shows how many credits are required to qualify for financial aid? I want/need to take some classes, but need some help paying for them. It figures that I'm *almost* done paying off my old loans and need to do it all over again. I'm kind of worried that I'll be declined because Jonathan is gainfully employed but obviously I'm not (anybody know how that works?).

If it makes a difference, I'm need to take some pre-req classes at a County College before I can apply for a nursing program. I have no idea how I can pay for them and pay for preschool at the same time (need to have the girls in preschool so that I can go to class).

I'm kind of freaked out over the prospect of returning to school after such a long time, but I'm thinking the longer I wait, the worse it will get.

TIA

-m

ETA - I don't think I can handle more than two classes right now. I'm wondering if I should probably take it really slow and only go for one... I seem to recall that they're 3 credits each.

new_mommy25
08-22-2007, 01:29 AM
http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/ Everything is done online these days. :)

Your best bet is to contact the Fin. Aid office at your local community college. They will give you all the info you need and you can pick up all the paperwork at the same time.

rorycam
08-22-2007, 08:00 AM
Yes, the FAFSA website along with your school will tell you for certain; however, I believe you have to be going at least half time, or 6 hours, to get any federal loans. If you fill out the FAFSA, it will tell you exactly what your "expected family contribution" is at your particular school, which will take into account your income and expenses. Check out the FAFSA site as well as your school site, as they should have quite a bit of information regarding financial aid as well as people happy to answer your questions over the phone, though the next few weeks may be their busiest time with school starting.