PDA

View Full Version : Do you buy presents for your dc's friends' siblings (if you consider them family friends)?

SnuggleBuggles
08-27-2007, 07:46 AM
I have always wonder about this. I mean, they aren't ds' "friends" per se nor are we ever invited to the b-day parties (most just keep them real small or just with that child's set of friends). I have sometimes bought presents but usually not. One of the little siblings is having a b-day today so I have to decide what to do. :)

Thanks for any thoughts or insight!

Beth

Marisa6826
08-27-2007, 08:26 AM
I don't think it's necessary. Then again, any siblings we know, we're usually friends with both of them (unless they're Sophie's classmates, and then I have no clue who even the parents are).

If you really feel compelled, you can just get a little pack of stickers or something on that level.

-m

Melanie
08-27-2007, 10:38 AM
Our kids& their friends & siblings are still young enough that they all hang out, play together and get invited to the same parties so I've never even thought of this before.

I would say if there's a party and you're not invited, then no gift (and I don't mean that to be spiteful, just as an indicator). However if there is no party, I would say it could go either way and it's up to you. You could always just do a small recognition like a card with stickers.

jadamom
08-27-2007, 07:20 PM
No, I only give a gift if we're invited to the party. Otherwise, only if they have been giving gifts to my little one and I want to reciprocate.