PDA

View Full Version : Now THERE'S a preschool I can stand behind...

bisous
08-31-2007, 08:47 PM
I just wanted to share how excited I am to find a terrific "preschool" experience for my child. My oldest DS is Type 1 Diabetic and that means that his care is incredibly complicated. Finding a preschool has been very stressful with many places outright saying that they couldn't accept him because they were unable to check his blood or administer his shots. Other preschools didn't immediately exclude him but it was evident that they were excited about dealing with all of the challenges that are included in his care. I finally found a great school that is very "developmental", all the teachers have at least a BA and most have an MA in child development and when I talked to the director about his condition, she made it clear that she would never turn a child away--regardless of their medical condition or disability. She even acted excited that she could be part of the solution for our family. HOw incredible is that. DS and I are so excited to get started! :)

Good preschools, they do exist!

Jen

SnuggleBuggles
08-31-2007, 09:53 PM
That is great! It sounds like my son's preschool director. So upbeat and positive- and welcoming.

I hope he has a great experience there! :)

Beth