PDA

View Full Version : Bumped DD's head & she's fine but I'm not

Nooknookmom
09-02-2007, 10:36 AM
I had DD in her Bjorn on Fri night, we had just taken a long walk w/ sister (12). When we got home sister sat up on the porch wall & we were talking about school & stuff.

Well sister grabbed some trimmers to chop off a piece of hanging plant that was thorny & poking her. She was about to pull the darn plant down on her head so my Mommy instincts kicked in & I said "give those to me you'll hurt yourself-I'll do it".

I did it all right, when I snipped the plant I didn't notice that DD's little head was at the same level as the trimmer arms & I either mashed her head when I *snipped* or bumped it when my arms came down.

DD burst into tears & I thought I'd smooshed her head, I was bawling, she was bawling, etc. I put ice on where I thought I'd bumped her, there wasn't a real definative mark only a slight red ness.

I was up all night watching her sleep to make sure she was ok. She is doing all the usual things she does, babbling, rolling over, smiling, eating, grabbing at everything.

The only thing she does is pull her ear & kinda rub her head a little bit.

I'm driving DH & DD crazy - I can't let go of the fact that I really could of hurt her. I was trying to stop one from getting hurt & ended up screwing up.

PS-new mamas when wearing DB's really be aware of where they are, I just never thought about her being *right there*.

:(

kochh2
09-02-2007, 02:12 PM
oooh, poor baby, poor mama... you did the right thing though... and i'd say while i'm no doctor, Of course, it must have hurt her, which is why she may be rubbing her head, but unless you see other sigms of head injury, she's probably fine! If you're really worried, call your MD, speak with the nurses and see what they say... our babies are a lot stronger than they look sometimes!! hope all is well!!

Nooknookmom
09-02-2007, 10:05 PM
Thx, I can't tell you how awful I feel still. I haven't felt that scared since the time our older DD collided w/ one our dogs when she was 18 mos old, they were chasing bubbles. That was 10 yrs ago.

I can't put DD down now b/c I feel so horrible. I'm going to ck w/ her ped Tue when they open just to be safe. Thx again.