PDA

View Full Version : i AM a girle girl!!!

lizajane
09-03-2007, 01:18 PM
ETA: C'mon you all!! i can't be the only one!! someone 'fess up your list of girlie-ness!!
how about a contrast to floobear's post!! i am totally prissy and preppy and love all cute things. too bad i am laaaaaazy...

my favorite color is hot pink
i desperatly wish i had at least one daughter just so she could wear smocked bishop dresses and a hair bow every day
i love to wear skirts
my rainbow (brand) flip flops are pink
one year i bought every color of cheap flip flops at target so i would have a pair to match every outfit
i love the look of high heels (just can't wear them much because they exhaust me)
i love how i look in make up (just way too lazy to wear it every day.)
when i dress up at all, i love matching jewelry (again, too lazy to wear it everyday, but somedays i try)
even my sports watch is pink
my workout clothes are hot pink, light pink or in matching sets
i have TONS of capri pants and are wearing some now!
i LOVE a pedicure and do my toes myself only because i can't afford the salon. but i always choose... you guessed it... pink polish
i dress my boys in matching outfits every chance i get and occasionally, i match them, too.
i only have two piece bathing suits
the children's clothing i design is described as southern, preppy, even prissy and foofy because that i what i LOVE on little kids
i SEW for myself, my children, and for my career
i love to do domestic work like gardening, baking, cooking, smocking and even cleaning when i get a chance to do it right!
i love monograms on towels, clothes, luggage, etc.
ETA: and i have recently gone on a SERIOUS handbag rampage!!!

BUT i can change a tire, jump a car, scoop dog poop, scrub a toilet with the best of 'em!!

cdlamis
09-03-2007, 04:47 PM
Ok, I'll play. I am totally a girlie girl at heart.

*I can do a load of laundry with just pink clothes- mine and my 2 DDs.
*I would like to be rich just to have weekly spa trips- massages, pedicures, etc. Aaahh...
*I also love heels and wish I were hip enough to pull off the jeans/heels look every day.
*I only have one pair of tennis shoes and only wear them to the gym.
*My girls wear a bow in their almost hair every day- even with their less girlie clothes.
*I am sucker for anything *cute*! I will pay more for something that makes me feel good just looking at it. I know, I know, that sounds horrible.
*I LOVE decorating for holidays!
*My favorite show is Sex and the City (second is Beverly Hills 90210).
*I still want a best friend that I can call my "best friend".
*I LOVE shopping- esp for my daughters. BUT, I don't dress them in frilly things. I love dresses and skirts (esp Naartjie) but also love Mini Boden which is not that girlie. I am lucky since both daughters love dresses and would wear them everyday if given the choice.
*I hate camping and would much rather stay in a hotel. DH and both DDs love camping so I guess I am going to have to suck it up (or buy a camper).

I love this thread and can't wait to see the other responses. Thanks Liza!

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6/02
and Bella 12/04
"http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif"

Snugglibumkins
09-03-2007, 05:17 PM
***waving hand*** girlie-girl here, too.

- I put on make-up every day. Even when I'm not going anywhere. (only takes 10 min).
- I absolutely cannot stand under-arm hair.
- I help my daughter put in hair pretties every day.
- I make and embroider many of my kids clothes.
- I love to have homecooked dinner done when DH gets home from work. (more June Cleaver than girlie-girl, I guess!)
- My gym clothes match my gym sneakers.
- I always have to have my toenails looking good, even though I wear boots 10 months out of the year.
- I can't wait to live somewhere with paving so that I can wear heels again.
- I cannot pee outside, so I don't hike for more than an hour, and I don't camp.
- A long standing joke with Dh is that if he wants to take me out on a date, the meal must be served on a real plate and require silverware.
- I use a poof in the shower.
- I dress the boys in matching outfits as often as possible.
- We take a family picture annually. And always in jeans and white shirts for the same 'look' just updated for the year. Maybe more cheesy than girlie-girl.
- I burn a good smelling candle every night after the kids go to bed when I am studying in my nightgown.

mommyto4
09-03-2007, 06:12 PM
This sounds just like me. I love, love, love everything girly, but I too am too lazy to actually be girly. I would have a manicure and pedicure every other week if I could afford it, but I can't so I don't. Not to mention I don't have time for it. Purple is my favorite color and pink is a close second. I still want to do my DD's hair with big bows and such, but they are 10 and 8 1/2 and want nothing to do with the big bows (I don't get it). I love my son in dockers, polo shirts, and slip on leather casual shoes instead of jeans, tee shirts, and sneakers.

candybomiller
09-03-2007, 07:14 PM
I am a die-hard girlie-girl. I just don't have the energy to list out all the ways. Just trust me. ;)

bubbaray
09-03-2007, 08:04 PM
Can I be a girly girl if I wear Birkenstocks, but have hot pink toenails??? My second favorite pair of shoes are my pink Havaianas flipflops. I don't think my toenails have been *naked* in over two decades.

Pink is my favorite color. I am addicted to shopping, particularly for bags, luggage, totes, etc, and shoes. I love having pedicures and manicures. I have an entire closet for my workout gear (most of which is pink, with some purple for a change of pace).

I rarely wear makeup these days, but have boxes of the stuff. I love shopping for makeup and probably buy at least one lipstick per week.

I have tons of capri pants -- I didn't even know they were girly, LOL!

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007

npace19147
09-03-2007, 08:30 PM
I have had girlie girl leanings, but they have come into full bloom with two DD's.

My favorite color for all of us is pink. Any shade. It is DD1's favorite too, except when it's purple.

I have taught DD1 (inadvertently, I guess by example!) how to shop for shoes. She always tries on the pinkest and fluffiest ones first, then walks up and down and checks herself out in the mirror. She's 3, and she has way more shoes than I do, and they're all cuter. (Daddy has had something to do with this.)

I have an intermittent obsession with makeup. Currently it's Bobbi Brown, especially the cream eye shadows and the gel liners. :)

Did I mention I love shoes?

linsei
09-03-2007, 08:57 PM
As long as I can replace pink with purple, then I'm a girlie-girl!
DH accuses me of dressing ds froo-froo.
I like skirts and dresses.
My idea of dressed down casual includes chinos (same for ds).
Other than cooking, I really don't enjoy the domestic stuff (I can't sew, knit, mend, grow a plant.)
I love shoes.
and purses.
My toenails are almost always painted.
I love to exfoliate.
I use a poof in the shower too.
I'm not outdoorsy - got to have a hotel
Capri's are girlie?!? I wear them and didn't even consider them girlie.

Linda

http://b3.lilypie.com/64MSm4/.png[/img][/url]

And a new little Valentine to debut in February!

elaineandmichaelsmommy
09-03-2007, 11:40 PM
I think I'm a mutt.
I love the color pink on me and dd but it looks lousy on me-great
on her.
I love to cook and bake,hate to garden but I'm a perfectionist
when it comes to mowing the lawn.
I love wearing skirts but hate pantyhose.
I like high heels but I'll only wear them if i'll be sitting.
I like makeup but only wear it on holidays.
I enjoy manicures and pedicures but don't paint my nails myself.
I love to dress dd up in frilly things but we seldom go anywhere
that she would wear them to. Besides-she has all boy cousins at
family gatherings.
I only wear my flip flops in the summer and all weather mocs in
the winter.
I'm clueless about fashion.
I don't own any capri pants.

I think I'm a mutt.

JoyNChrist
09-04-2007, 01:22 AM
Ooh, me too!

- I LOVE pink! It also helps that it's apparently a good color for me, because I always get complements when wearing it. Consequently, my wardrobe has lots of pink in it.

- I also love wearing heels. In high school and college, I would never wear them, because they always made me taller than everyone else (I'm pretty tall for a woman). But then I met Keith, who just happens to be 6'6"...I joke with him all the time that that's one of the reasons I married him.

- I immediately get dressed, put on makeup, and fix my hair every morning, even if I don't have plans to go anywhere. It just makes me feel better about myself, and you never know who might stop by.

- My shoes, purse, belt, and jewelry MUST coordinate with what I'm wearing.

- I love the way a nice dress, pantyhose, and heels make me feel.

- My pajamas must be cute. My bra and panties must match. I love capris and skirts and sundresses and bikinis. I have more than one pair of sunglasses, and more than 10 pairs of shoes.

- I won't wear open-toe shoes if I haven't recently had a pedicure.

- I get my hair done (cut & highlighted) once a month, my eyebrows waxed and a spray-on tan done once every two weeks, my toes done once a week, and I shave my legs daily.

- I love to cook, clean, bake, iron, etc. I would sew if I could, and garden if it weren't so freakin' hot down here all the time!

- I'm obsessed with the holidays. I have decorations for every room of the house (including the bathroom...and a mini-tree for DS's room).

- I am an organizing freak.

- I love to decorate. If I do say so myself, the nursery is seriousy cute.

- I love to scrapbook/update the baby book. I take WAY too many pictures of DS. I do posed portraits at Sears or JCPenney once a month.

- Shopping is my favorite sport. I especially love to buy gifts. I'm the chick everyone hates at the baby showers...you know, the one who brings the super-thoughtful gift with the adorable wrapping and the card that makes everyone cry. I put WAY too much thought and time into presents.

- I love to entertain and organize parties and events.

- I also love monograms and everything personalized.

Having said all that...I bite my nails. I don't like gourmet anything. I watch football, basketball, and baseball religiously and am fanatically devoted to my teams (Go LSU! And Steelers! And Knicks! And Braves!). I have my own ATV, which I won a mud bog competition with two years ago (yes, we *are* that redneck...and by the way, the ATV is pink!). I can shoot a pistol and a rifle and a bow (but the handle on my pistol is also pink). I've never watched Sex and the City. I took automechanics as an elective in high school. I know nothing about celebrities, nor do I care (although I must admit, I love the crazy baby names...but who doesn't?). I don't know anything about designers or high fashion.

JBaxter
09-04-2007, 02:01 AM
Can I join?

My pink is red -- I have tons
right now I have 6pairs of sandles sitting by my front door
I just bought 6 new Skorts at Kohls ( 80%off) I prefer the skirt look
My kids and DH have dinner on the table by 6 every night
(meat, veggie and starch)
I have 3 frozen cakes because I baked ahead ( zuchinni & apple)
I STILL coordinate my kids for pictures Its getting harder finding a mens Large boys Large and size 5 shirt or sweater but it CAN BE DONE LOL>
Bi-weekly pedicures
never leaves the house with out a little foundation,lipstick,eyeliner&mascara

but I sealed my own granite, calked the tub and door frame and changed the rubber valve thing in the toilet to make it stop running.

gatorsmom
09-04-2007, 02:03 PM
I'm a mutt too. I posted in the other thread because I love to camp, play with reptiles and insects with my boys, and don't mind washing poop out of cloth diapers.

However, my mother raised me to be a girlie-girl and here are the vestiges of that upbringing:

Some sort of silk flower/plant in every room of my house
Have a drawer just for scarves
Regularly pluck eyebrows
Ann Taylor Loft is my favorite non-maternity store
Always have my toenails painted and enjoy pedicures
Still love twinsets
Would wear skirts and dresses everyday if I knew I wouldn't hear, "why you so dressed up today?" (typical Minnesota response to anything other than jeans)
Wear mostly pastels, greys for winter
I ADORE shoes but won't wear anything plastic. NO flip flops for me.
Always wear makeup when leaving the house
Always have earrings in- even just around the house
Always have my hair colored and cut in a salon (but then put it in a ponytail everyday)
Love chick-flicks and can't wait for the Sex in the City movie
Saved all my Barbies and clothes for my daughter and I to play with one day.
Still dream of the day when I can wear clothes from BeBe again

Lisa
Mom to Gator July 2003
And Cha-Cha July 2005
and surprise! twins due 11/07!

JenniferMC1971
09-04-2007, 03:43 PM
I am a girly girl too.

I love pedicures (pick at my nails too much for a manicure)
I love skirts and dresses too (but not pantyhose)
I love my tall boots with a knee length skirt in the fall!
I just tried Bobbi Brown cream eyeshadow and I love it too! (though I like the "natural" look, not too much makeup)
I love lipstick especially
I love to shop and buy clothes for my two year old girl
I loved dolls when I was a girl
I love matching jewelry too (though I'm lazy too about this)
I love purple and pastel blues (though lately I'm obsessed with green)

MelissaTC
09-04-2007, 03:56 PM
I have evolved into a more girlie girl. I didn't quite start out that way. I have two sisters, both of which were always more girlie than me. But I think I might have surpassed one. The other is a total Princess and will always be more girlie than anyone I know!

My girlie girl tendencies-

I own a bunch of handbags, mostly Coach. My favorite is the spring patchwork from last year. I got the last one, hunted down for me by Coach. It was in New Orleans.

I wax my eyebrows every 4 weeks. I am so far behind schedule. :(

I get my hair done every 6-8 weeks, depending on color and length.

I get a pedicure every 2 weeks during the summer. I prefer French pedicures.

My favorite color is purple followed by hot pink. Not ballet pink, light pink, pastel pink. HOT pink.

I live in capri pants.

I shave my legs and pits every single day. Except in winter. Then it is every 2 days.

I am constantly buying fun jewelry. I currently have 2 jewelry holders to hold all my necklaces. I am going to need a 3rd.

I wear makeup pretty much every day. I love to buy makeup and own a ton.

I have at least 20 different perfume bottles sitting on my dresser. Double that for lotions around the house.

My flat iron is purple.

I will not leave the house without earrings. I will turn the car around to get them. I will buy a pair if I have to if I realize too far from home.

I love to plan and throw parties. I make a mean party punch!

All the bed sets for our bed are purple. My favorite is a discontinued Laura Ashley set. I also have a Laura Ashley floral set on the guest bed.

I only wear sneakers to workout.

I have never camped out and probably never will. Camping for me is staying in a regular hotel room with full size beds.

I could go on but you get the picture. I also live in a house of boys. I watch NFL football (Go Giants!) and NHL Hockey (my Canes shirt is pink ;)). I could live on hot wings. I love playing action heroes with my son. I whip my DH in several sports on the Nintendo Wii. I hate to clean. I am good at cooking but that is it.

Marisa6826
09-04-2007, 05:12 PM
I'm pretty girlie, but not as much as I was before kiddos.

My toes are *always* painted
My legs and eyebrows are usually always waxed
I try and get a mani/pedi every 4-6w
Hair is done every six weeks - well, the greys are. I have it cut way less often since it's long (think past back bra strap)
The kids look way better than I do, although I have resisted doing to lick/spit/facewipe move my mother used to do to us in parking lots ;)
I cook pretty regularly and love doing so. I make some badass food - from cheesecake, to paella, to french onion soup to homemade pierogies
I can sew some mean curtains (take that, Liza! :P )
I straighten the house and beds before we leave for long days (just in case we're in accidents - what would they think?!)
I wear my wedding band, engagement ring, diamond studs, watch and tiny tennis bracelet whenever we leave the house
love the idea of heels but haven't worn them in a really long time
I'm not a very big fan of the colour pink, though orange is my fave
I do wear an apron when cooking messy stuff
I like the concept of gardening, and Marthaesque stuff - I just don't have the time/energy anymore
My fave mag is Real Simple
I'm trying to get better about wearing at least some lipstick when I leave the house (once upon a time I wouldn't even *consider* leaving the house without being completely 'done' - I think I look really nice when I have the total look together)
I like getting all "dolled up" (as my grandfather called it) - the hair, makeup, clothing - once in a while. It makes me feel pretty
I *always* have on perfume
Pretty much all I wear are capris since I'm 5'1" ;)
I don't particularly like wearing hose, but will yank on some Spanx if necessary
Camping? Uh, NO.

But, I know my way around Lowes, I can fix a toilet, clean up dog poo while answering the phone, and balance the chequebook (if necessary :) )

-m

cvanbrunt
09-04-2007, 09:14 PM
I think I qualify...

I own 86 pairs of shoes.
Pink is my favorite color.
Camping strikes me as punishment rather than recreation.
I'm attracted to shiny objects.
Are there other pants than capris?
My toenails are normally pink but at 33 weeks I can't reach my feet.

On the other hand....
I've never had a pedicure because the idea of a stranger touching my feet gives the willies.
I bite my fingernails.
Tomorrow when I teach neuroanatomy lab I will help the students dissect brains without gloves on.

Puddy73
09-05-2007, 09:12 AM
I'm in the girlie-girl camp, too:

I love pink, any shade
I love to cook and bake, especially elaborate desserts
I don't leave the house without makeup (at least powder, lip gloss and mascara)
I figured out how to highlight my own hair because I consider it a necessity
I love to wear skirts
DD has an embarassing number of hair bows to match every outfit
Camping is not fun for me
My toenails are almost always painted pink
I love going to tea rooms with the girls for afternoon tea
I love to plan showers and parties

I grew up on a farm and my mom is NOT a girlie-girl, so I was a total tomboy until I moved to Georgia. Must be something in the water here.

Jennifer
Mommy to Annabelle 9/08/03 & Finn 10/31/05

"If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane." - Jimmy Buffett

maestramommy
09-05-2007, 02:23 PM
Yeah, cause after reading this thread, I'm starting to think I am too.

I love camping, hiking, rock climbing, and all the cool gear that comes with it. When I'm doing these things I love the rush, and don't care how dirty, sweaty, and smelly I get. BUT when it's all over I want my shower.

I rarely dress up, but when I do I want to look like a WOMAN, so I like occasions (like weddings) that allow me to go the whole hog.

Never really liked pink, but after a few months I had to admit, it's the best color for Dora. Not so sure about Arwyn yet.

I love manicures and pedicures too, but I get them done because I don't know how to do it myself. Besides, it's my occasional pampering.

I'm clueless about fashion too, and really a blockhead about coordinating colors and patterns. I finally find a style that fits me, and now I'm too fat to wear it, sigh.

Never into frills myself, but now that I have daughters I keep making tutus for Halloween. What is up with THAT?

LarsMal
09-05-2007, 03:16 PM
I was thinking the same thing, but obviously I'm too lazy to start it, so I'll just join this one!

I think part of my "muttness" is laziness and lack of funds these days! BC (before children) I was much more of a girly-girl than I am now.

I HAVE to shower every day. Even if the hair goes up in a wet ponytail, I have to be clean- and dressed, even if no one else is going to see me. I don't always wear makeup, though, and if I do, it's usually just eye makeup and lip gloss.

I rarely wear workout-type gear unless I'm working out (so basically NEVER these days!) or cleaning. Of course I do have my cute black sweat material capris from the Gap, but I don't work out in them, so they don't count!

I have too many capris to count and I even broke down and bought the Bermuda shorts this summer. My wardrobe is usually pretty classic, though, so I can wear things year after year. I hate the idea of buying something I can only wear one season b/c it won't be "in" the following year. MY FIL has commented several times on how he doesn't understand why we "East Coast people" wear so much black!

Most of my wardrobe is from AT, ATLoft, JCrew, and Gap (BC- Banana Republic was on the list, too) but I don't usually buy stuff unless it's on sale or I have a gift card. I bought some maternity stuff from Target, but still refuse to buy regular clothes there for myself, although I love buying the kids' clothes there.

I used to get manis and pedis regularly, but now I'm lucky if I get one pedi for the season. I buy the polish I have them put on and do my own.

The kids' rooms are decorated, but DH is just as big a part of that as I am. I actually don't buy much for the house w/o his approval- not b/c of the money, b/c he has a better eye for decorating than I do. I think he'd be a great "stager" for people selling their houses.

I love to hike, but won't camp.

I am the painter. DH had never painted a wall until we painted our bedroom- and he pretty much hasn't painted since! I painted our bathroom 8 months pg w/DD b/c I just needed it finished!

One day I WILL own a pink toolbelt! I'm the handyman of the house, for the most part.

I love chick-flicks and chick-lit.