PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for favors for bridesmaid's luncheon?

nrp
09-04-2007, 08:39 PM
I am one of several hosts for a bridesmaid's luncheon and I need to find some tasteful, inexpensive favors. There will be around 20 people and we are looking to spend up to $5 each. Any ideas?

SASM
09-04-2007, 09:27 PM
Good chocolate is always a favorite. Or a vase. If you live near a Christmas Tree Shoppes, I have found some awesome deals there that would be GREAT for a favor gift for $5 or less. :)

MamaMolly
09-04-2007, 09:53 PM
At mine, one of my mom's friends printed personalized notecards for each guest. It was really lovely!

She printed a stylized initial on the front of each card, then bundled them in 10s with envelopes and tied it up with a sheer ribbon in my wedding color, tied with a pretty bow. Sweet, personal, and cheap!

I think you can get bulk card and envelope sets in basic colors like ivory at Michael's. Hope this helps,
Molly

Java
09-04-2007, 10:37 PM
Two of my favorite favors from showers we did were:
1) a little box of soap petals
2) handmade soaps

You can buy the petals in bulk and bag 10 petals in a cellophane bag. Add a little tag with a nice Thank you and a ribbon and *tah-dah* you're done!

The handmade soaps I got from a lady who makes them locally. She personalizes the soap with whatever we want to say. It's a favorite amongst my friends and it's been a favor for 3 showers.

Mommy_Again
09-05-2007, 05:59 AM
You can buy 2 or 3 packs of Godivas, wrapped pretty, for about that price.

KBecks
09-05-2007, 06:46 AM
If you are crafty, a friend of mine has made really pretty chocolate candy molds and decoated cookies that she puts in cellphane bags with a decorative bow. They turn out nice and look great and don't seem very difficult to make. Oh, and edible favors are always nice!

lizajane
09-05-2007, 07:05 AM
crate and barrel has cute little vases for cheap. you can put some flowers in them and put one at each place on the table. very pretty!

love the chocolate ideas!

gourmet cookie shaped like something bridal? i did detailed decoration on a butterfly cookie for a baby shower ones. wrapped in cellophane bags and tied with a ribbon.

i like the little guest soaps idea, as well.

yankee candle in a votive tied with a bow?

itty bitty live flowering plant?

Jen841
09-05-2007, 11:03 AM
Piggyback on the note cards

My Mom and a friend made cards/more like note sheets (did not open)...
8.5 x 11 sheet of cardstock
Printed first initial in a cool font 3x down the left margin in a large font
Cut sheet of paper in 3
Gave with Legal envelopes wrapped in ribbon

Cheap, easy and I love mine! I am going to do this for my girl pals at Christmas.

Candles, flowers, potted plants, B&B soaps, banana bread made in a flower pot,cookie cutter (bell),... all things I have received.

sweetpea
09-05-2007, 05:53 PM
You can make a charitable contribution to the bride/groom's favorite charity. Many will send you, or you can make your own, little placecards or bookmarks that say something like "A donation has been made to XXXXX in lieu of favors"

I know, I know .... every party has a pooper... :)

nrp
09-05-2007, 09:16 PM
What terrific ideas! I was not feeling at all creative and now I have plenty of good options to present to the other girls. Thanks!