PDA

View Full Version : Can You Use Antibiotic Ointment "Down There"?

randomkid
09-05-2007, 02:13 PM
Or do you have any other suggestions? DD is naked potty training, fell yesterday and has what looks like rug burn on her labia, right in the middle. I think she actually did this when I was vacuuming. She had hold of the cord (which I didn't know until it came unplugged), think she was straddling it, fell and it went in between. I'm guessing, because this is the only thing I can think of that would have caused this. I do know she fell because that's how the vacuum came unplugged. It's definitely not a rash.

It's pretty red, but doesn't look infected. However, because of where it is, I think there's a good chance that could happen. I read the label, but couldn't find anything about external genital use. I just want to help it heal while avoiding potential for infection.

Does anyone know or is there something else I can use?

apriltwinmom
09-05-2007, 02:16 PM
Poor thing! Maybe see if Aquaphor would work? Or call your local pharmacy and ask the pharmacist about the antibiotic ointment.

Good luck, hope she's feeling better (& potty trained!) soon!

Rachel

s7714
09-05-2007, 05:23 PM
I have often used Neosporin on my DDs bottoms if their skin got really irritated from a bad diaper or something, but I'd probably call a ped./nurse and ask about putting it directly on genital parts.

Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Limit Tester 6/05

Our bones may be brittle, but our spirit is unbreakable.
Osteogenesis Imperfecta www.oif.org

overcome
09-05-2007, 07:25 PM
You might want to try lanolin (as in the breast cream that starts with in L in the purple tube...can never remember how to say it or spell it). It is natural and thick enough to protect the burn.

randomkid
09-05-2007, 09:14 PM
Lansinoh...thanks, that's a good idea.