PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions on what to dress up as for Halloween for me??

matthewsmom
09-06-2007, 07:59 AM
I found out that since I'll be cooping in my DS class on Halloween that I'll have to wear a custome. I have really no idea but I would love to dress up as something. I looked online but all I found was customes that were too sexy for the classroom. I was thinking of doing something creative but I'm not that good. I was thinking about either a superhero or something like that. The only thing is that th custome needs to be very comfortable because I'll be helping the teacher the whole time. So I was hoping for something that I can probably just find in my closet and add a few accessories to it.

The thing I was looking at was maybe being a bumble bee. But I don't know how to make a wing. Does anyone know if someone actually could make a custome like that?

matthewsmom
09-06-2007, 07:59 AM
I found out that since I'll be cooping in my DS class on Halloween that I'll have to wear a custome. I have really no idea but I would love to dress up as something. I looked online but all I found was customes that were too sexy for the classroom. I was thinking of doing something creative but I'm not that good. I was thinking about either a superhero or something like that. The only thing is that th custome needs to be very comfortable because I'll be helping the teacher the whole time. So I was hoping for something that I can probably just find in my closet and add a few accessories to it.

The thing I was looking at was maybe being a bumble bee. But I don't know how to make a wing. Does anyone know if someone actually could make a custome like that?

trentsmom
09-06-2007, 02:20 PM
I'd check out the costume ideas at places like www.familyfun.com. Years ago I remember seeing a spider costume that involved stuffing black socks, adding black gloves at the ends, and then attaching it to a black shirt. I wanted to make one for me since it sounded so cute!

trentsmom
09-06-2007, 02:20 PM
I'd check out the costume ideas at places like www.familyfun.com. Years ago I remember seeing a spider costume that involved stuffing black socks, adding black gloves at the ends, and then attaching it to a black shirt. I wanted to make one for me since it sounded so cute!

almostamom
09-06-2007, 02:49 PM
A teacher I wroked with was an M&M (or for the pregnant mamas a peanut M&M). Two large pieces of felt cut into a circular shape with arm and neck cut outs (open at the bottom)

We didn't dress up for Halloween at the school I taught at, but we did a character dress up day for Young Authors' Week. I usually dressed up as Amelia Bedelia (black dress, white apron, hat, and a big bag). We tried to dress up as characters from books the classes had been reading. It was lots of fun for the children to figure out who we were.