PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody watch The Backyardigans

punkrockmama
09-06-2007, 12:01 PM
when their kids aren't around? 'Cause I do.

Also, I like to watch Jimmy Neutron. The only thing with that is, I always end up craving a chocolate dipped soft serve cone (think about it...).

I'm a dork. :P

punkrockmama
09-06-2007, 12:01 PM
when their kids aren't around? 'Cause I do.

Also, I like to watch Jimmy Neutron. The only thing with that is, I always end up craving a chocolate dipped soft serve cone (think about it...).

I'm a dork. :P

DrSally
09-06-2007, 12:25 PM
I have a few times, and even gotten DH to watch. Mostly it's like this, DS will request Curious George or Elmo (by making monkey noises or singing la-la-la), and I'll say "Do you want the Backyardigans?"

DrSally
09-06-2007, 12:25 PM
I have a few times, and even gotten DH to watch. Mostly it's like this, DS will request Curious George or Elmo (by making monkey noises or singing la-la-la), and I'll say "Do you want the Backyardigans?"

almostamom
09-06-2007, 12:47 PM
Just this morning I found myself listening to a Backyardigans DVD in the car and sing along with them long after I had dropped DS off at preschool.

I've never watched Jimmy Neutron, so I'm missing the chocolate cone connection, but you've intrigued me!

almostamom
09-06-2007, 12:47 PM
Just this morning I found myself listening to a Backyardigans DVD in the car and sing along with them long after I had dropped DS off at preschool.

I've never watched Jimmy Neutron, so I'm missing the chocolate cone connection, but you've intrigued me!

sidmand
09-06-2007, 01:15 PM
Ah....yes!

We were on vacation and I was flipping channels and told DH, "look the Backyardigans is on." I've found myself watching it alone in my office too. Sad and pitiful, but yes, definitely.

Debbie
http://b3.lilypie.com/WT7Im4/.png[/img] (][img)

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev110pr___.png[/img] (][img)

sidmand
09-06-2007, 01:15 PM
Ah....yes!

We were on vacation and I was flipping channels and told DH, "look the Backyardigans is on." I've found myself watching it alone in my office too. Sad and pitiful, but yes, definitely.

Debbie
http://b3.lilypie.com/WT7Im4/.png[/img] (][img)

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev110pr___.png[/img] (][img)

HIU8
09-06-2007, 01:19 PM
I have never watched the backyardigans, but I know what you mean about Jimmy Neutron. DH and I will check it out after DS goes to bed. Also, we watch Jakers the Adventures of Piggly Winks. Sad to say, but the sheep got us hooked!

Heather
DS 11/27/04
DD 6/9/07

HIU8
09-06-2007, 01:19 PM
I have never watched the backyardigans, but I know what you mean about Jimmy Neutron. DH and I will check it out after DS goes to bed. Also, we watch Jakers the Adventures of Piggly Winks. Sad to say, but the sheep got us hooked!

Heather
DS 11/27/04
DD 6/9/07

SammyeGail
09-06-2007, 01:23 PM
I to like the Backyardigans, but for some reason Wow Wow Wubbzy is my favorite. I love the way they name everything; the kickady kick ball, etc.

Samantha

SammyeGail
09-06-2007, 01:23 PM
I to like the Backyardigans, but for some reason Wow Wow Wubbzy is my favorite. I love the way they name everything; the kickady kick ball, etc.

Samantha

ellies mom
09-06-2007, 02:43 PM
I'm always singing along to the Backyardigans in the car after I drop DD off at school. I love their songs. I don't usually watch it without her though.

Emmas Mom
09-06-2007, 02:46 PM
I love the Backyardigans! I was flipping channels at the gym the other day and ALMOST stopped to watch it but was too embarrassed! lol I think it's my favorite of all the kid shows out there. :D

fortato
09-06-2007, 03:23 PM
It's not Backyardigans, but it's close-
I always watch Peep. (On TLC) Jack has no interest, but I LOVE that show.

Something about a purple duck named Quack makes me laugh every time.

bubbaray
09-06-2007, 04:05 PM
I have never watched the Backyardigans nor Jimmy Neutron, but am craving a chocolate dipped soft serve cone now. Thanks for that... ;)

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007

elliput
09-06-2007, 05:35 PM
I probably have once or twice. Both DH and I have the Backyardigan CD's in our cars, and if the news is too depressing or boring I'll listen to that during my commute instead. I am always cheery afterward!

Piglet
09-06-2007, 06:58 PM
I don't watch without the kids, but I listen to the CDs in the car even when I am alone. I also sing the songs day and night - they are so very addictive, LOL!

Kyras mom
09-07-2007, 12:22 AM
We love the Backyardigans!! I, too, have found myself listening and singing with their CD's after preschool drop-off. My faves are "Castaways" and "Cowboys, Cowgirls". That last one has been stuck in my head all day.

MarisaSF
09-07-2007, 02:07 AM
DH would totally appreciate this thread! He loves that show and keeps yakking to me about how I need to tape the upcoming special primetime Cyndi Lauper episode! He first became enamored when our Tivo recorded the Alicia Keyes episode on accident!

punkrockmama
09-07-2007, 05:03 AM
What? What is this about Cyndi Lauper? I have to watch that as I *heart* her.

Yeah at first I thought I wouldn't like it. It looked like something that would bug me. But then we watched an episode and I thought it was just the cutest thing.

Right now, it's the Huka Pele song that's stuck in my head. :) We always sing the pirate song too (what do you do with a scurvy pirate...:))

This is Jimmy Neutron:

http://nicktoons.toonzone.net/jimmyneutron.jpg

His hairdo always makes me want Dairy Queen.

Oh, and I think it's been discussed here before, but I really think Ruby is the most uptight bunny I've ever seen. Where are their parents? Albuquerque?

DrSally
09-07-2007, 07:07 AM
Do you know what the special is supposed to air? Is it on Nik? I need to tape it too. BTW, I never knew about their CD's. I suppose I have to get one now!

Emmas Mom
09-07-2007, 09:58 AM
Cyndi Lauper lends her voice in the Super Secret Super Spy. It airs Monday, 9/17 at 7:00pm (or 8:00 I guess, depending on where you live) on Nickelodeon. I think I read somewhere that it's their first hour long, primetime show. We're planning to watch. :D And then the DVD comes out the next day. Oh....and the DVD will have 2 bonus episodes, one of them is a "never before seen" episode. Kewl. lol

ETA: Here's a link...
http://production.broadcastnewsroom.com/articles/viewarticle.jsp?id=174935

jerigirl
09-07-2007, 11:08 AM
I never knew of the cd's either! Which one(s) do you recommend????

Jeri

clc053103
09-07-2007, 03:10 PM
Yes!!!! Where on earth are Ruby and Max's parents? They visit Grandma- but knowing they don't have parents, she doesn't try to take them in? what kind of Grandma is that?

Piglet
09-07-2007, 04:45 PM
"Cowboys, Cowgirls".
>That last one has been stuck in my head all day.

That is my fave too! I also love the Drumming song (drumming drumming drumming cave company is coming).

deborah_r
09-07-2007, 05:22 PM
My answer is identical to Veronica's, regarding Backyardigan's,

We also like Jimmy Neutron in our house - DH and Kai like to watch it together.