PDA

View Full Version : Chocolate chip cookie fans...do you prefer raw cookie dough or baked cookies better?

SnuggleBuggles
09-06-2007, 07:29 PM
My dh really doesn't like cookies but he will sit down an eat a box of the Trader Joe's chocolate chip cookie dough. I like both but I have to give the edge to the real thing.

How about you?

Beth

trentsmom
09-06-2007, 07:36 PM
For me, it depends. When I make chocolate chip cookies, I eat a fair amount of dough. And then I enjoy eating the baked cookies! But there are times when all I want is cookie dough, so I'll make up a small batch just to eat raw. Mmmmmm!

SnuggleBuggles
09-06-2007, 08:21 PM
That sounds like me. :) I always save a bit (well, 6-10 cookies worth :)) of dough just to eat raw while the other cookies are baking.

Beth

LarsMal
09-06-2007, 08:28 PM
I voted for baked, but I should've done depends. When I was little I was all about the dough, but then got freaked when I learned about raw eggs. With DS's allergies, though, his dough is egg-free so I eat half of it while I'm making his cookies. yummmmm....

bubbaray
09-06-2007, 08:32 PM
STOOOOOPPPPP!

Between this and the earlier post about chocolate dipped soft serve cones, I'm HUNGRY!

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007

fauve01
09-06-2007, 11:04 PM
the dough, definitely! unless the cookies are so undercooked that they're practically dough anyway. you know, the kind you have to eat with a spoon. YUM!! off to make dough now, thanks...

anne

shilo
09-06-2007, 11:23 PM
yeah, if i'm gonna splurge, i'm all about the uncooked. dough, batter, it don't matter :), it's all good to me :).

lori
Sam 5/19/05 How lucky I am that you chose me.

ellies mom
09-06-2007, 11:27 PM
Mmmm, raw definitely. If they are cooked I want them gooey.

DH was horrified but right after DD was born I just craved raw cookie dough. I ate it like crazy and then wondered why I wasn't losing weight even though I was nursing. I felt very lied too. :)

s7714
09-07-2007, 12:29 AM
I used to love raw cookie dough. Then when I was PG with my older DD I tried some Ben & Jerry's cookie dough ice cream. For some reason the taste grossed me out and I haven't been able to eat any kind of raw cookie dough since. Strange, I know.

Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Limit Tester 6/05

Our bones may be brittle, but our spirit is unbreakable.
Osteogenesis Imperfecta www.oif.org

Marisa6826
09-07-2007, 12:31 AM
Well, it depends. I much prefer cooked dough - but only if the cookies are still really warm. Once they're a day old, I prefer raw dough. OK. You can stop laughing now. ;)

-m

Puddy73
09-07-2007, 10:58 AM
Raw, unless the baked cookies are still warm and gooey. When I lived alone I would sometimes eat half a tube of raw dough for dinner (blush, blush).

Jennifer
Mommy to Annabelle 9/08/03 & Finn 10/31/05

"If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane." - Jimmy Buffett

Mommy Of A Little Angel
09-07-2007, 11:11 AM
Definitely raw! One time in college, my roommate's boyfriend and I bought a tube of cookie dough, squeezed it into bowls and ate away! It was the best time ever! Haha, he was a better gal-pal than my roommate.

Now I will make a batch of dough, cook some of it and leave the rest in the fridge to snack on.