PDA

View Full Version : Will an earlier bedtime make an earlier morning?

KrisM
09-07-2007, 10:00 AM
I want it to :).

DS starts preschool Tuesday. It's at 9. DD goes to bed about 7pm and sleeps until 9 or 9:30. She only naps 1-2 hours a day, so she really gets her sleep at night. I really don't want to have to wake her up 2 days a week to get DS to school. She is so cranky when she gets up early.

If I put her to bed at 6, do you think she'd get up earlier?

Compared to DS's sleep, which is still not great, DD is a miracle! I never thought I'd be complaining about a child who sleeps too much :)

BeachBum
09-07-2007, 10:58 AM
My experience is that earlier bedtime makes him sleep later. But my child certainly doesn't sleep 14.5 hours at night! Wowza. :)

I don't think you'll know till you try it.

sidmand
09-07-2007, 11:21 AM
We get both. Sometimes an earlier bedtimes makes for a LATER wake up time. And it actually works backwards...a later bedtime means an earlier wake up time. You might find that if you put her to bed later, and then she gets up earlier, maybe she'd take a longer nap? Or maybe it would just mess with sleep totally (not what you want to her, but I understand not wanting to mess with a sleeper, but OTOH, needing to do things in the a.m.!).

We haven't hit preschool yet, but we have a preschool-like class that goes from 9-11 on Tuesdays. DS isn't always up in time and I hate to wake him up. He's not a great napper either. But he usually goes to bed around 8 and sleeps until 8. I do like that! This week though he's been going to bed at 6 or 7 ('cause he's tired) and still waking up at 7 or 8.

Debbie
http://b3.lilypie.com/WT7Im4/.png[/img] (][img)

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev110pr___.png[/img] (][img)

KrisM
09-07-2007, 10:35 PM
That's a good thought about getting a longer nap. Although on Wednesday, she napped for 3.5 hours and still slept 14 hours that night. I fully expect her to be 3 inches taller by October :).

I think I'll try waking her up a few minutes earlier than her normal each day and gradually move up her waking time and try for longer naps at the same time. I'd be okay with 8:30 even. She doesn't have to be dressed to drop DS off!