PDA

View Full Version : What do you do with the unwanted gifts?

kusumat
09-07-2007, 08:46 PM
We recieved a lot of baby outfits/dresses from DD's first birthday. We kept a few good ones and don't know what to do with others. I don't really feel comfortable to regift them because they are either ugly or not well-made or poor quality. I did try to return some of them where I knew the source. I am just not sure how to do with the remainings.

I took the unwanted ones we got from baby shower to goodwills. The donation center is 30 minutes away. Is there a better way to get rid of them? What would you do? I feel like I want to trash them.

o_mom
09-07-2007, 08:59 PM
Freecycle?

JBaxter
09-07-2007, 09:18 PM
Try a local womens shelter or parent/child center.

Kungjo
09-07-2007, 09:25 PM
Do you have a Salvation Army Collection Center nearby? I usually just call Salvation Army and let them pick up any unwanted clothing or items from my house.

bubbaray
09-07-2007, 11:46 PM
We donate various charities. They always come and pick up from our doorstep. Be careful that you don't have ANYTHING ELSE on the doorstep -- check out the Bitching post for some horror stories on extra things they take too!

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007

DrSally
09-08-2007, 12:14 PM
I think you would get rid of them quickly with Freecycle, esp. if you say they are new. Baby stuff goes quick. FYI, I also know someone who had something she was not giving away taken off her porch, so make sure there's nothing else out there.