PDA

View Full Version : Poor Dear Husband

katydid1971
09-09-2007, 02:36 AM
I just bought a new dresser (actually an old one but you know what I mean) replacing my Ikea cupboard where I have been housing my clothes for several years. Slowly but surely we are filling our house with real furniture, but I digress. As I was transfering my clothes and filling bags of some really ugly stuff (what was I thinking) to go to Goodwill, I hit my underwear drawer. In the back, behind all my comfy white and beige cotton panties were the sexy, lacy, silky things I use to wear. I use to match my bra to my panties and wear things that ran right up my rear. Now, its all about comfort. I wonder if DH misses the old days. I use to sleep in silky nighties, now I sleep in his old t-shirts, and it don't look to pretty. But I fear if I were to put on those matching Victoria Secret "outfits" it would be pretty scary with the sack of skin that hangs off my belly (so that's what happens to your body after two pregnancies). I don't think I'm going to pull those items out and start wearing them anytime soon (the bra straps that slip every five minutes is enough to drive any person nuts) but I put them back into the back of my new, old, underwear drawer, maybe someday I'll be able to afford some lipo and a tummy tuck and I can give DH a little show. But we'll have to wait to until I get new living room furniture first :)
Sarah

kristenk
09-09-2007, 07:11 PM
LOL! A similar experience happened to me last week. I was cleaning out two drawers in our old dresser to move stuff into our new dresser and came across lingerie from years ago. I used to match, now I'm all about cotton undies and 4 identical beige bras that aren't the sexiest. Sadly, the old lingerie no longer fits, but it provided me with good motivation to continue my current weight loss plan! I *WILL* wear my silky stuff again one day! Now I just need to find a really good robe that I can wear around DD first thing in the morning. :P