PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to a Wiggles live show?

SummerBaby
10-14-2007, 01:38 PM
I'm considering taking DD#1 but I"m not sure she'd like it. How long is it? Is it worth it to spend the extra $$ for floor seats? Is it worth the money at all? What was your experience? TIA.

Val
DD#1 July 2004
DD#2 July 2007

hardysmom
10-14-2007, 02:19 PM
We went last year in Tulsa. It was great. My (then) 2 yr old twins and 4 yr old loved it.

I am not sure about the post-Greg troupe, but I think it would still be a lot of fun for kids who know the songs and such. Wiggles, Captain Feathersword, Wags, etc left the stage and moved into the audience quite a bit so everyone got to see their favorites up close.

I think spending extra $$ for floor seats probably depends on the venue and your child. Our Convention center (Tulsa) is pretty small. We spent about half the time in our first tier, but not floor seats. At some point, we just walked down to the back of the floor area b/c the kids were really starting to boogie, needed more room, and there didn't seem to be an issue with security. Oddly, while security didn't stop us from moving onto the floor, there was a lot of patrolling to make sure kids weren't standing on chairs (a theme also incorporated into the show). Because of that, no matter where you were the view was OK b/c you didn't have 7 yr olds standing on the chair right in front of your preschooler... Plus, so many of the kids are lap age and sitting in a parents seat so it is easy to get an unobstructed view.

I think the floor would be fun if you could get on an aisle (or are in a venue where there is free room at the back of the floor) but maybe not so great if you were in the middle of a row amid a sea of people.

If your child is more of a watcher (or younger), the troupe seemed to make an effort to move about/interact so everyone got to see. In that case, higher seats are good because it doesn't feel so crazy and overwhelming. In fact, one of our riends who had floor tickets moved up to some open seating off the floor b/c their daughter was too overwhelmed by all the people on the floor and wanted to sit, not dance.

HTH Stephanie

nfowife
10-15-2007, 08:08 AM
Thanks for the feedback! MIL and I are taking DD next month but I didn't get tix in time for floor seats, so we are in the first tier and I was worried. Hopefully she will still have a lot of fun!

Babywhite
10-17-2007, 12:20 PM
We took DD last year for her 2nd bday. She loved it, and we had upper seats. We moved to a lower area at one point w/o any problems!

It is a great show!

R.W.

MMEand1
10-17-2007, 10:43 PM
I am somewhat of a WIggles Groupee! I have been to 2 concerts and they are so much fun!!! The second time my DH said we could get tickets, I asked him if we had to bring the kids!

I would not get the floor seats because I do not like having someones head right in front of me. We were in the center, halfway up the first time and it was perfect. The second time, we got tickets for the VIP section and they were halfway up, but on the far side and it was difficult to see everything.

I think the show was about 1-1.5 hours long. I have been to both a Greg and Sam show. The Greg show focused a lot on him, while the Sam show did not focus on any WIggle, but gave them all equal time in the spotlight. Either way, I would go again if they came here to Iraq!

Hope you decide to go and if so, have a GREAT time!!
Mariah P.

melissaflorida
10-21-2007, 07:32 PM
We are groupies too! We are going to our 4th concert next month. All of us Daddy included love it. The show is very high energy and interactive.

We were lucky enough to get tickets in the small pods on the side of the stage. They had a kid's mosh pit! Well not really but all the kids in that section got up to dance right up to the stage.

Have fun!!

~Melissa
Mommy to dd Spencer (3.5 years old)

melissaflorida
10-21-2007, 07:35 PM
Forgot to add: Don't forget to bring a rose for Dorothy and a bone for Wag's. They come out in the audience to get them from the kids. Also if you make a sign they point it out on stage.

~Melissa
Mommy to dd Spencer (3.5 years old)

caheinz
10-21-2007, 10:30 PM
That depends on the venue, unfortunately.

When we went in a large venue (Chicago-area Allstate Arena), they didn't get through the whole crowd to pick those things up -- only the floor and about 1/4 of the rest of the crowd.

DS didn't notice, but I was disappointed -- we'd spent time and effort making a really big bone for Wags. We ended up just leaving them in some empty seats.