PDA

View Full Version : Stopping BC pill in the middle of a pack

LarsMal
10-14-2007, 09:22 PM
Any BTDT? After stumbling upon a great website with personal side effect experiences, I am convinced that the pill I'm on is NOT agreeing with me. I'm only a week into my pack, but I don't want to take it tomorrow morning. (Basically, I've been having bad anxiety issues, I've lost several pounds this week b/c I can't stomach any food, horrible mood swings, feeling tired, depressed, etc. All since I started the pack last Saturday!)

I guess I should call my OB to let her know, right? I don't plan on trying another pill. DH and I are just going to find another way of preventing a pg.

I just really need to be done with it. It's too bad, too, b/c I was on this pill for several years before DS came along, w/o any problems. I guess my body/hormones have changed!

Should I expect bleeding? Is it really bad to stop in the middle of a pack like this?

TIA!

s7714
10-14-2007, 10:15 PM
I changed bc types twice several years ago because the kind I was on just wasn't working for me and I was always told to finish off a full pack before stopping. But I wasn't having such severe symptoms as you are! Definitely call your OB and see what she says.

Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Limit Tester 6/05

Our bones may be brittle, but our spirit is unbreakable.
Osteogenesis Imperfecta www.oif.org

daisymommy
10-15-2007, 02:24 PM
I've stopped taking pills right in the middle of them because of bad side effects too. My OB said it was fine. I think once I started my period early (like within a few days of quiting the pill)--but oh well!

LarsMal
10-15-2007, 02:58 PM
I stopped taking it today- I just couldn't deal anymore! It's been a little over 24 hours since my last pill and I already feel SO much better! I've been able to eat, and am feeling much more like myself today. I hope it continues to get better!

I'll deal with an extra period if that's what it means!

caleymama
10-15-2007, 04:28 PM
Prior to having kids I was on several different kinds of BC pills before I found some that didn't give me symptoms like the ones you describe. It wasn't until I went to a new OB/GYN who told me I shouldn't be as nauseous as I was that I finally found some that were okay. I still didn't love them, though, (too many mood swings) but I felt much better otherwise on them. Went off them to have DD1 and haven't tried any since.

lmintzer
10-16-2007, 08:27 AM
You will be okay! Just make sure you use back up birth control until you decide what you want to do next. : ) Hugs--glad you are feeling better. I've been having pill probs. too, so I can sympathize!!

lmintzer
10-16-2007, 08:27 AM
You will be okay! Just make sure you use back up birth control until you decide what you want to do next. : ) Hugs--glad you are feeling better. I've been having pill probs. too, so I can sympathize!!

cchavez
10-16-2007, 03:08 PM
Can you share the website you found. Thanks!

LarsMal
10-16-2007, 03:51 PM
www.medications.com/drugs

caleymama
10-16-2007, 03:51 PM
Not the OP, but a site I've browsed around on in the past with patient reviews is remedyfind.com (looks like it's now revolutionhealth.com). You can search by drug or by condition.