PDA

View Full Version : Savvy Ebayers: Is this possible/likely?

mommy_someday
10-15-2007, 01:49 PM
I was browsing Ebay yesterday morning and noticed that the shipping zip code was set at something halfway across the country from us, where we have no family or friends. I have only ordered a couple of things from Ebay ever, so I asked DH what in the world he ordered and shipped to San Jose, California. He said that he hasn't ever had anything shipped to that zip code. How possible/likely is it that the default zip code would be set at something we've never shipped to/from?

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i168/ericaborchardt/Ebay.jpg

DH has never been anything but wonderful to me and has never given me reason to doubt him. But I also don't want to be naive if he's being dishonest. I hate this questioning feeling that I have about him/us now. Please tell me if it's completely misplaced (or not). Thanks.

bunnisa
10-15-2007, 02:23 PM
Just check your bidding history and you can see if anything has been won that you're not aware of buying.

Also, you may want to change your password, just in case someone has gotten into your account.

...blessed wife and mama to three!

"We must remember that life begins at home and we must also remember that the future of humanity passes through the family"
-Mother Teresa

kellyotn
10-15-2007, 03:35 PM
Were you logged in?

Ebay is in California, so I'd expect their default/default to be somewhere in CA.

If you were logged in, check your profile information. If it was missing, it might come up as their default as it has to be something, so why not their address.

There are probably many other reasons, but that's what comes to mind.

You can check your history for purchases going back a long time in the my eBay area, I'm sure that will set your mind at ease.

jess
10-15-2007, 04:13 PM
It's not unusual for ebay to have glitches. I've never heard of a zip code glitch, but I really wouldn't rule it out--I've opened my ebay in the mornings to have some things different.

I can understand a questioning feeling involving spouses and it's enough to make you sick (my husband and I have been through it a couple times)--however, ebay (an enterprise that I don't completely trust, even though I both buy and sell on it) could clearly be to blame here and I wouldn't want to cause strife on something that could be a simple glitch.

Also, I agree with PP--I'd probably change your ebay password just in case your account was somehow hacked.

tarabenet
10-15-2007, 06:08 PM
Were you actually logged in on your account? I had to clear cookies for something the other day, and I'm still hitting sites where I take for granted that I am "known", and then figuring out that I lost the auto log-in.

tarabenet
10-15-2007, 06:08 PM
Were you actually logged in on your account? I had to clear cookies for something the other day, and I'm still hitting sites where I take for granted that I am "known", and then figuring out that I lost the auto log-in.

cmo
10-15-2007, 07:21 PM
Take a look here:
http://pages.ebay.com/aboutebay/contact.html
Ebay headquarters is located in the 95125 zip code!

cmo
10-15-2007, 07:21 PM
Take a look here:
http://pages.ebay.com/aboutebay/contact.html
Ebay headquarters is located in the 95125 zip code!

mommy_someday
10-15-2007, 08:17 PM
That makes me feel tons better! DH *was* logged in (the top said "Hi, DH's-username"), but it asked for a password in the My eBay option, so I'm not sure if he was fully logged on. I'm such a novice where eBay is concerned. I'll talk to DH about it some more. If it was something on eBay's end of things, he has to be just as confused as I.

Thank you to all who replied. It was just a small seed of doubt, but I think my pregnancy hormones and too much TV made it all to easy to blow it out of proportion. Thanks for the much-needed reality check.

mommy_someday
10-15-2007, 08:17 PM
That makes me feel tons better! DH *was* logged in (the top said "Hi, DH's-username"), but it asked for a password in the My eBay option, so I'm not sure if he was fully logged on. I'm such a novice where eBay is concerned. I'll talk to DH about it some more. If it was something on eBay's end of things, he has to be just as confused as I.

Thank you to all who replied. It was just a small seed of doubt, but I think my pregnancy hormones and too much TV made it all to easy to blow it out of proportion. Thanks for the much-needed reality check.