PDA

View Full Version : Party etiquette -- what to get others to bring??

bubbaray
10-17-2007, 01:31 PM
I am hosting a kids Halloween party that has taken on a life of its own. There will be about 30 people, about 18 kids if all that say they will be here actually show up.

Pretty much everyone has offered to bring something. So, what do I get them to bring?? I've ordered a large slab cake. The party is from 2-4, so I wasn't really going to serve much other than cake for the kids and veggies & dip.

Any ideas???

TIA

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007

Tondi G
10-17-2007, 02:03 PM
I would say to bring any kind of munchie/snack food kids would like

Ideas

Goldfish crackers
Chips n Dip
7 layer dip or guacamole and salsa and tortilla chips
fruit salad or skewers
cheese and crackers
Sausage(lil smokies) in a blanket

I am thinking you probably don't want to have to provide plates and utensils beyond the ones for cake so tell them finger foods, anything people can just pick up and eat!

Good Luck and have a great halloween party!

SnuggleBuggles
10-17-2007, 02:19 PM
-Stuff for games
-paper goods (one person can bring cups, another can bring napkins, someone can bring plates...)
-drinks
-favors, if you will have any
-someone to help you decorate/ set up and someone to help you clean up

Those are my main ideas.

Beth

bubbaray
10-17-2007, 04:19 PM
Thanks ladies!! Those are great ideas. Yummm, 7 layer dip!!! :)

Thanks again!

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007

supercalifragilous
10-17-2007, 04:28 PM
When my group gets together, we sign up @ Evite just b/c it makes it easier to see what someone else has already signed up to bring, plus it reminds everyone of the date/time.

We list the traditional ideas - chips & dip/salsa, goldfish crackers, taquitos, plates/cutlery, napkins, drinks, etc. but people are welcome to think of their own.