PDA

View Full Version : Would you take baby on a bus?

deborah_r
10-17-2007, 06:40 PM
**Follow-up: Left baby at daycare where he was nice and comfy. I pumped on the bus, with men, women & kids all around me! I was pretty proud of myself...

Kai has a field trip Friday. I am going with him but can't decide whether to leave Quinn at daycare or take him with me. I would like to go on the bus with the group, instead of driving myself. Would you take a 4 month old on a bus?

SnuggleBuggles
10-17-2007, 07:14 PM
Yep, I wouldn't have a problem with that. Just think of families that take public transportation with their babies everyday. I am sure you will be fine. :)

Beth

tiapam
10-17-2007, 08:56 PM
I'd leave him at daycare if that is where he usually goes. I bet you will enjoy the trip with just Kai and he will too. And that way you can take the bus.

-Pam

DD - 3 YO

deborah_r
10-17-2007, 09:14 PM
Oh, the other part I forgot to mention is I would have to pump if I don't bring the baby. We're going to a pumpkin patch and it only has porta-potties, so that could be difficult. But I did think of that angle, where it could be a special Mommy-Kai trip!

JustMe
10-17-2007, 09:33 PM
Yes, assuming its a good sized bus. They are very safe. If I really didn't feel good about it, then driving would be a good option.

C99
10-17-2007, 09:44 PM
Sure. Why not? All of my babies have been on buses and trains at early ages. I think DS2 was on a train at 2 months of age.

deborah_r
10-17-2007, 09:59 PM
I guess it just feels weird to bring him in a moving vehicle w/out a carseat. And yes, it's one of those big coach buses.

Q went on a train at 3 weeks, but that still feels safer than a bus on LA freeways to me!

katydid1971
10-17-2007, 10:05 PM
Have you asked the teacher if Quinn can go? I use to teach first grade and our insurance wouldn't allow children who weren't in the class to go on class trips. Something to think about. Also I think Kai might like a day with just mom. You could probably pump on the bus with a blanket over you while the kids were in the corn maze or something if you needed.
HTH
Sarah