PDA

View Full Version : YouTube...what's the prevailing wisdom?

Clarity
10-18-2007, 07:25 AM
Just wondering what thoughts are on posting videos of your children or family to YouTube? My bff (who lives across the country from us) posted videos of her dd on YouTube and it's such a nice way to get to see her and her dd that we've considered reciprocating. However, some have expressed concern about the privacy and security of putting up videos of dd in such a forum. We've got pictures of her online at an .mac site and no one expressed concern about that. I obviously wouldn't want images of my dd used for nefarious purposes but I can't imagine what someone could do or what they would even want to do with a short video of a child eating beans and chattering away at her parents.

I want to add a quick thanks for sharing your opinions, I really appreciate the intelligence and wisdom of the people on this board. You folks are amazing!

kcandz
10-18-2007, 09:27 AM
I wouldn't do it. I get creeped out at the thought of people I don't know looking at a video of my child eating beans, even if they don't do anything other than watch it. I thought .mac had video posting. There might be a site that takes a password too, maybe Yahoo video? My friend uses it without a password. The angle is Yahoo is less used. YouTube is everyone's go to, and maybe a video would come up for a search under other terms, KWIM?

cdlamis
10-18-2007, 09:32 AM
You can make your Youtube videos private so that only those that you pick can see it.
www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en-in&answer=59208

With that said, we use Photobucket for sharing videos with family.

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6/02
and Bella 12/04
"http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif"

vsrapture1992
10-18-2007, 10:30 AM
I might do a pic or video or a "private" myspace page, but that's it....