PDA

View Full Version : Need Ebay help - seller is not responding

tiapam
10-18-2007, 08:33 AM
I bought an item and paid Sept 30. Seller emailed TY and will ship Oct 3rd the latest which was fine with me. I have not rec'd the item nor does she respond to my emails. I still want the item. I did get her contact info, but did not call her yet. I should do it today. Any advice to help me get this item? I probably need to get Paypal or Ebay involved pretty soon if I want my money back. :(

-Pam

DD - 3 YO

schums
10-18-2007, 09:55 AM
I had a problem similar to this, and calling the seller really did help. I called and left a very nice message and asked that she call me by a certain time that day (like 5pm). When I hadn't heard from her by 5pm. I called back and kind of made a pest of myself (called about every 15-30 min). She never did answer the phone, but I got an e-mail that evening, free expidited shipping and an apology (sort of). Definitely try to call the seller. if that doesn't work, get e-bay/paypal involved.

Sarah
Mom to Alex (3/2002) and Catherine (8/2003)

JTsMom
10-18-2007, 11:31 AM
What type of shipping did you pay for? What is the seller's feedback like? Did you get a shipping notice from Paypal?

JTsMom
10-18-2007, 11:31 AM
What type of shipping did you pay for? What is the seller's feedback like? Did you get a shipping notice from Paypal?

tiapam
10-18-2007, 05:35 PM
It was USPS Parcel Post. Her feedback is 99.8% positive. I did not get a ship notice from Paypal. My feeling is that she did not ship it. It's fairly unique and in the best condition, so I really want it. I feel weird calling her up, but I guess I will have to. I don't really mind a sad story I just want a ship date. Honestly, this is why I don't sell things on Ebay - I would be terrible at it! So I understand delays, but I don't like being ignored.

-Pam

DD - 3 YO

AngelaS
10-19-2007, 06:12 AM
She should be able to give you a tracking number if she really did ship it. If she really sent it via Parcel Post it can EASILY take a full 2 weeks for you to get it.

I'd write her and tell her that you need a delivery confirmation number by X time late tomorrow or you'll be filing with PayPal for nondelivery.

JTsMom
10-19-2007, 07:08 AM
Ahhh- ok, Parcel Post takes a loooong time sometimes, so that could easily explain it. As for not answering your emails- that's never right, but it could be that she's out of town or something. With good feedback like that, I'm betting there is probably an explanation.

I sell on ebay, and I really am very dedicated to good customer service. I have 100% feedback, and really want to keep it that way. 2 days ago, I had a buyer contact me about an item asking if I had shipped it. I ship via Paypal, and when I print the label, Paypal sends a shipping notice to the buyer. Every once in a while, someone doesn't get it- I'm guessing it goes to their bulk folder. I (of course) responded to the email, and included the label # and current status of the package. Yesterday, she sent me a pretty snippy email asking for the shipping info again, so I ended up sending the same info 3 different ways in the hopes that ONE of them would get through to her. I don't know if ebay's message system is having problems, or if it was just her email that was eating my replies or what.

Anyway, my point is don't assume the worst at this point. Do try calling, but I'm beting all will end well.

tiapam
10-19-2007, 07:43 PM
Thanks everyone for the advice. It arrived today. The USPS label says Oct 11th, so a week later than she indicated. I wish people would just be honest! I was starting to think it got stolen from my porch, which is not a nice thought. Still no email from her. I'm not sure what to do about feedback. Any advice on that?

-Pam

DD - 3 YO

jess
10-19-2007, 07:58 PM
If you are happy with the item, and it did arrive (though late), I would leave positive feedback--it could have been much worse. If you like, you could mention that shipping was delayed. If you leave a negative or a negative comment, realize that she may do the same. I always feel like the risk of a neg. in my feedback just is not worth it--not unless something arrived destroyed or didn't arrive at all.