PDA

View Full Version : Why did it take me so long to buy Norah Jones' music? And a birth music q

SnuggleBuggles
10-18-2007, 08:55 AM
I'm trying to do my labor playlist and need some recommendations. I have bought several Norah Jones' songs now ("Come Away with Me" just relaxes me so well!). I tried google and I asked on my due date board but I could still use a few more ideas.

I have Enya, Lion King musical soundtrack, Dave Matthews Band, Joshua Radin, The Shins, some classical, a 50 minute long thunderstorm, and sone other songs of that ilk. I either like things that totally fade into the background or that I can sing along to/ get energy from. :)

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!

Oh, and if you like Norah Jones, is there a song that you like the best?

Beth

Clarity
10-18-2007, 09:21 AM
Hmmm..I really like Brandi Carlile's music. It's a bit more upbeat than Norah Jones but I find it relaxing. I think you've got some good choices there. And, as much as I hate to admit it, if I want something ubeat to sing along to and get energy from, my choice is almost always Shania Twain. Not sure how that would translate to a labor cd, but there you have it. LOL

C99
10-18-2007, 03:07 PM
For upbeat, I like KT Tunstall. I brought a whole bunch of CDs with me to the hospital this last time. But I was only there for 2 hours before the baby was out. I remember listening to Led Zepplin's symphonic Kashmir while in labor, but I have no recollection of any music during delivery.

Marisa6826
10-18-2007, 07:59 PM
Have you heard Corinne Bailey Rae?

Aside from being devastatingly stunning, she has an amazing voice. Like A Star is one of my faves. Here's a You Tube link so you can hear the song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e19eZJX8QHY&mode=related&search=

-m

LBW
10-22-2007, 08:33 AM
Beth Orton
Sarah McLachlan
Feist
Gillian Welch

Not a female, singer-songwriter like Norah Jones, but Jack Johnson is definitely going on my L&D playlist!

Bens Momma
10-22-2007, 02:38 PM
LOVE Norah Jones! My DH made me a Labor mix CD before the birth of our first DS. He's always doing thoughtful things, but this was one of the sweetest things he's ever done for me! It had tons of great music that was meaningful for the 2 of us and also many relaxing songs. Here are a few suggestions:

-"The Wind of Change" by Acoustic Alchemy (one of my all time fav songs for relaxing, yet makes you feel cheery at the same time!)
-"Angel" & "I Will Remember You" by Sarah McLachlan
-"Night Swimming" by REM
-Dave Matthews Band
-James Taylor
-anything by Enya
-maybe?? songs by Yanni "Live at the Acropolis" although some of them can be cheesy, some are quite mellow and relaxing

HTH & Good luck for an easy delivery of your little one!
Momma to 2 DS