PDA

View Full Version : Baby Shower Gift For Hostess?

smzapalac
10-18-2007, 03:31 PM
I have a few friends throwing me and another lady a baby shower. We are both having our second babies. Should I buy each of the ladies throwing the shower a gift? For my first shower, which was quite large, I gave each hostess a gift card for a manicure. However, this time around, the shower is being hosted by different women, and there will only be 2 other people, outside of the 3 hostesses attending. Just don't know what the "right" thing is to do. Help!

SnuggleBuggles
10-18-2007, 05:07 PM
I don't think I would get them a gift. They want to throw you a shower and probably don't expect anything in return. At least, that is how I would feel about it if I were one of the hostesses. I have hosted 2 showers and not received more than a "thank you."

You can't go wrong getting them something so if you really want to go for it. But, I don't think there is any expectation for it.

Beth

Jen841
10-18-2007, 07:32 PM
I would give gifts. I always do hostess gifts.

gatorsmom
10-18-2007, 09:02 PM
I'd do a little gift for each of them. Maybe some shower gel and lotion in a cute gift bag for each of them. Or, send them flowers after the shower. Just a little something to say thanks.

You might want to ask the other pregnant lady if she'd like to go in with you on gifts for the hostesses.

Lisa
Mom to Gator July 2003
And Cha-Cha July 2005
and surprise! twins due 11/07!