PDA

View Full Version : Grrrr.... Paypal question

trumansmom
10-20-2007, 12:08 AM
I have two Paypal accounts. One is set up to accept credit cards, the other is not. I have sold anything on Ebay in a year or so, so I was quite surprised tonight when someone paid with a credit card (even though I had specifically asked for funded Paypal), and I can no longer deny their payment. I had planned on asking them to send it to the other account, but Paypal said that Ebay sellers must accept all forms of payment. Is this new? Does this mean I'm stuck with fees on that account from now on?

This sucks!

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

Momof3Labs
10-20-2007, 09:46 AM
It is probably a year old, if not more. Yes, if you can't deny the payment, then you must accept and upgrade that account, which means fees on every payment to that account from now on. You could always close it afterwards and try to open a new personal account - I don't know if there is any catch (you are limited to two accounts per person, but if you close one premier before opening the second, it should work). Alternately, Paypal used to allow you to downgrade your account just once, but you need to call to do it.

egoldber
10-20-2007, 09:50 AM
Can't you just deny the payment on the funded account and have them send payment to the CC account? Just tell the buyer you accidentally used the wrong account.

trumansmom
10-20-2007, 09:51 AM
That's what I was remembering. That just sucks!

Jeanne

trumansmom
10-20-2007, 09:52 AM
It won't let me. x(

Jeanne