PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have a toddler with a grey hair?

JMS
10-21-2007, 08:07 PM
I'm a little freaked and concerned. I was brushing DD's hair tonight and smack in the middle of the back of her head was a short, coarse grey hair. Neither DH or I have an unusual amount of grey hair, nor did we grey early.
Could this be a sign of a difficiency? She eats a pretty good diet. Should I call my Ped?

TIA.

MartiesMom2B
10-22-2007, 06:31 AM
OMG, I have the same concern. I've been noticing some gray/silver hairs in my 4 year old too. I've been wondering the same thing. I can't tell if they are silver or really really blonde. PM me if you find something out.

-Sonia
Mommy to the M&M girls

Fairy
10-22-2007, 10:41 AM
YES. And I freaked. There's a history of early graying in my family, but I escaped it. I do have lots of grays, but not the complete and utter gray heads that the females on the maternal side of the family have by age 30. I'm eight years past that and am not there yet. But DS is 3, and I saw the gray hair last month and freaked out. I posted here, and there were a few replies, you might wanna search. I think the title was "WTF?! DS has a gray hair!"

DS's 3 year checkup is Thursday. It's the first qu on my list . . .

MarisaSF
10-22-2007, 11:03 AM
I knew they could turn a parent's hair grey. I hadn't realized they could do that to themselves too! ;)

Let us know if you find out anything interesting. FWIW, I noticed my first grey hair when I was about 8. I always had one or two on my head. I'm not fully grey now (in my 30s), but I have a noticeable amount. Otherwise, I was and am healthy.

sweetpea
10-22-2007, 02:12 PM
My 2.5yo has a grey hair too.

Aarohismom
10-22-2007, 02:48 PM
My dd1 was born with 4 gray hair :)

Radosti
10-22-2007, 03:00 PM
There is a 20 months old in my DS's daycare whose head is grey at the top. It's especially noticeable because he's african-american. But I think it's just genetic because there are no deficiencies with this little boy. In fact, he puts my child to shame as he recognizes the letters of the alphabet now and is talking up a storm.

MamaMolly
10-22-2007, 09:27 PM
When I was in elementary school one of my BFs had a tiny patch with 2-3 grey hairs. It was where she had a freckle on her scalp.
DH and his mom went grey early. I'll have to keep an eye on DD! :0)
Molly