PDA

View Full Version : my parents have been evacuated due to fire in So. Cal.

missliss55
10-22-2007, 02:55 PM
I would so appreciate any thoughts or prayers. My dad just called and he and my mom have to evacuate their home. They have lived in this home for 25 years and it is the home I grew-up in. I am kind of freaking out. I am worried for their safety and also for my childhood home. I know it is just a house but I can't imagine the home that I spent my childhood in might burn down. Thanks!

maestramommy
10-22-2007, 03:06 PM
Sending prayers to your parents! I've been reading the stories, and it's just unbelievable.

Twoboos
10-22-2007, 03:47 PM
Prayers for you and your family. I just found out my MIL is packed up and waiting for the evacuation order, too. Very scary for everyone out there.

ETA: Strike that, MIL is actually evacuating now...

Tondi G
10-22-2007, 04:01 PM
Being in So Cal I am watching it all unfold on my tv minute by minute. It is CRAZY! I have several friends who have been evacuated and although their homes are safe at his hour they can't go home cause the air quality is horrible!

Your family and ALL the So Cal families are in my thoughts and prayers!

~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/01 and Aidan 5/05

fate
10-22-2007, 04:09 PM
I am praying for everyone in the affected fire areas in So. Cal. My firefighter brother left an hour ago from N. Cal to help fight the fires. He is not sure where they will station him yet. They could all use our positive thoughts at this time.

hardysmom
10-22-2007, 04:18 PM
We were evacuated a couple of years ago. Thankfully, the fire (in Oklahoma) was contained in our neighbor's back yard. It was very, very stressful.

My prayers are with your family. Good luck.

Stephanie

missliss55
10-22-2007, 04:19 PM
Thank you for all your thoughts. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone down there.

scoop22
10-22-2007, 05:28 PM
thoughts and prayers are with you your family and all the families involved. what a stressful situation.

http://b3.lilypie.com/Sd3bm4.png

http://bd.lilypie.com/WtLfm4.png