PDA

View Full Version : *Which time slot to pick?** Build-A-Bear Birthday Party question

Corie
10-24-2007, 02:03 PM
My daughter wants to have her 6th party at Build-A-Bear Workshop.

I was told that the Build-A-Bear party will take approx. 1 hour.
And then we will need to head to the mall's food court for her
birthday cake. If we choose Saturday evening, then I would
get pizza as well for dinner.

Or I could choose Sunday for her birthday party but there
is a New England Patriots game at 1pm that day. My DH brought
up the football game but I don't see that as a problem since in
most cases the mom brings the child to the party. (at least in
Texas, it was always the mom. Very rarely the dad.)
Maybe I'm wrong.

Please help me pick a time slot for her party.
Here are my time slots available.

Saturday, November 17
5:00pm
5:30pm
6:00pm
6:30pm
7:00pm

OR

Sunday, November 18
12:00pm
2:00pm
2:30pm
3:00pm
3:30pm
4:00pm

I would appreciate your honest opinions!! I need to book
this ASAP. Thanks so much!

SnuggleBuggles
10-24-2007, 02:18 PM
Saturday at 5.

Coming from a mom NFL fan I hate when I have to take ds to a b-day party during the game. :( If you go with Sunday 4 would probably be OK if people live close to the mall. :) That's not a horrible time for a b-day party, imo. That was when the BAB party we attended was.

Weird that our BAB let the parents bring cake and snacks.

Beth

egoldber
10-24-2007, 02:26 PM
Well no time is going to please everyone. If you do it Sunday NFL fans will be upset. If you do it Saturday college fans will be upset. So personally I would not let that be a consideration.

Since you need to use the mall food court, I would choose a time so that when you need to use it, the food court is not that busy. That is, I would rather have the BAB party end at 2 or 3 than at 1 or 5. I also personally dislike it when kid parties go into the dinner hour. So I would schedule it for Sunday at 2 or 2:30.

We did Sarah's 5th birthday party at BAB and while it was cute I wish I hadn't done it. I won't have a party anywhere that you can't have cake there any more. It was a huge PITA to have to relocate everyone.

Also, our mall is SOOOO busy I could not count on being able to get a large enough table at the food court at ANY time of day, so I ended up spending the money to have a "party" at a ChickFilA in the mall so that I was guaranteed to have a space for cake and snacks. It was only $5 a head, which was worth the $40 IMO.

Corie
10-24-2007, 02:53 PM
Beth,

I totally agree that BAB is a huge pain with having to
relocate the party. And I'm really not that thrilled with
moving it to a mall food court.

Anyway, I talked to my sister today and I was going over
the time slots available. She completely agreed with
everything you said. :) Honestly, she could have written
your post.

So, it looks like my final choice will be the 2:00 time slot
on Sunday.

Corie
10-24-2007, 02:55 PM
Beth,

This is the time that I am leaning toward. Boy, it seems
like you and I could write a book together on Birthday parties
and party etiquette. We always seem to think the same way. :)

skygoddess
10-24-2007, 04:36 PM
Personally, I would go for Saturday at 5 or Sunday at 4. Both would transition well into the pizza dinner without interfering with bedtime. I'd be happy to leave DH home with the other kids to fend for themselves at dinner, LOL!

Nancy

LBW
10-24-2007, 05:46 PM
I agree with Beth. Since you have to use the food court, pick the time slot during which the mall will be least crowded. Between meals during a Patriots game seems like your best bet - so, 2 or 2:30 on Sunday. I'd also suggest sending your husband or a friend out to the food court before the BAB portion of the party ends to *hopefully* snag a table or group of tables so that they are ready when you and the kids get there.

Corie
10-24-2007, 08:19 PM
Thank you so much for your thoughts!!

I knew you would give me your honest opinions and I appreciate
that.

teddy
10-24-2007, 09:29 PM
Corie!
Amelia is having her 5th bday party at our BAB! Just wanted to share :) And we're doing "lunch" at McD since they have their own restaurant in our mall.
I hope Carson has a great time!!
Cassandra

ctmom
10-25-2007, 06:55 AM
Corie,
I hope you got the time you wanted! 2pm is a good time, and at that time of day you don't have to worry about feeding the kids a meal. As far as football, I'm sure there will be more than one dad thanking you for getting his family out of the house so he can watch the game in peace...

dd#1 had a build-a-bear/friends-to-be-made 6th bday party and all the kids had a blast!!
Mary
dd#1 2/01
dd#2 12/03

Corie
10-25-2007, 09:44 AM
I just called to book the party and the 2pm time slot is gone.
The 2:30pm time slot is taken as well.

So, the party is booked for 3pm. Not my top choice for a time
but I waited too long.

I take what I can get!!