PDA

View Full Version : Sorry present to preschool teacher because DS peed on her?

niccig
10-24-2007, 04:49 PM
DS peed on his preschool teacher today. We're PTing and he does great, but DH didn't take him before leaving the house (see bitching post) and DS won't pee at school (says he only pees at home). The teachers tried to get him to go twice knowing that he needed to go and he wouldn't go, then one teacher was carrying him to the class photo session, and DS peed on her. I apologized, she said it's fine and that's it's not the first time, but still.

Should I get something or get DS to draw a picture, or just leave it alone, and try really really hard to get DS to pee at school?

Oh, if I do get something, what should it be?

Nicci

LBW
10-24-2007, 05:48 PM
I think I'd get her flowers and offer to pay for dry cleaning, if she was wearing something nice for picture day. Having your son draw a picture would be sweet, too!

JBaxter
10-24-2007, 05:49 PM
It goes with being a preschool teacher. I think the apology is fine. I wouldnt buy a gift and it may happen again :)

If you really feel the need just spend a little more on her holiday gift.

fivi2
10-24-2007, 06:39 PM
I was once a preschool teacher, and I agree with the pp who said it goes with the territory. At most I guess the offer to dryclean would be appreciated, but I wouldn't do more than that. I also think it might embarrass your child more if you make a big deal about it with present... Just a thought.

niccig
10-24-2007, 08:51 PM
Thanks everyone. I apologized, she seems fine with it, so I'll leave it at that. It's our first child in preschool, and I didn't know if there should be something we do/say when these kind of things happen. I'll just help DS with getting over his refusal to use the school's toilet. That should be big help.

tiapam
10-25-2007, 04:40 PM
Not sure if this will help you, but DD would not go at school either, so now I take her when we get there and when I pick her up. She first went at school when I was working in her class for the day. She wore undies yesterday and would not go with her teachers but stayed dry.

I don't think I would do a present, though I am sure Hallmark makes a card for that!

-Pam

DD - 3 YO

niccig
10-25-2007, 09:53 PM
LOL about the hallmark card. They have one for everything else, so why not a "I'm sorry I peed on you" card :P

I'll try to get him to go with me so he gets used to the toilet there etc. I'm still in the "gummy bear" reward phase, and the teachers have agreed to tell me so that he still gets his reward after school. That might help too.