PDA

View Full Version : static cling help

Babywhite
10-27-2007, 10:11 AM
I have a huge problems with smells. It developed when I was pregnant, and it hasn't gone away! :)

I absolutely hate the smell of static cling spray, but a few of my shirts/skirts NEED it or something like it.

What safe alternatives (I am trying (could be :)) pregnant) are there for static cling?

TIA for your help!
RW

Marisa6826
10-27-2007, 11:44 AM
Just rubbing hand cream between whatever layers works (e.g., put some moisturiser on your hands, then rub your hands on your tights/pantyhose).

Same thing works for getting static out of your hair. A VERY light layer of hand cream/moisturiser calms down crazy hat hair immediately (I do it all the time with the girls' hair).

The other trick is to use a Bounce sheet. Just rub that between whatever layers. I can't stand the smell of the static cling spray, either. I could never figure out why it was so freaking nasty. They can 'fix' the scent on everything else, but why not that?

-m

bubbaray
10-27-2007, 03:41 PM
Try an unscented Bounce sheet.... I've rubbed them on my nylons or skirts and they've worked well.

Static cling spray stinks, Ick.

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007

SnuggleBuggles
10-27-2007, 04:52 PM
If they are clothes that go in the dryer just use dryer balls rather than fabric softener or dryer sheets.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=13936579

Good luck on the baby front! :)

Beth